Larrivee D-03R rattle under saddle

Started by nsande1, August 11, 2012, 09:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a d-03r that has developed a rattle underneath the saddle especially when playing harmonics on the d string on the 12th fret.
Any ideas what the cause would be?  And what to do?

Check to make sure string ball is properly seated under the bridge.

Thanks, I already checked that.  Restrung the guitar actually.

Is there a pu involved?
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

A wire may have come loose.De-tune the guitar,push the strings to the side,you'll need to remove them from there nut slots.As long as your hand will fit into the soundhole you'll be able to to feel the wires and the woire clips,make sure everything snug.This should solve the problem.Of coarse you can bring it to a tech also if you have some one you trust.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Make sure the outer nut on the end pin jack is tight, the part that has the groove for the strap.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I have a rattle on my guitar that sounds like its coming from the bridge area,couple of days ago I banged it with my knee and got the same rattle. So I'm thinking I may have a loose strut, not trying to bogart your thread, but whats involved in fixing a loose strut.  :donut :coffee for your time...

To help everyone here is a list of things to check when a rattle appears.

Tuners,check and make sure that the nut that hold the tuner to the top of the headstok is snug,also check the screw's on the back of the headstock.

Strings,be sure that the ball end is snug to the bridge plate,also make sure that if there is any excess string at the headstock that its not making contact with another string or the face of the headstock.How does the string rest in the saddle slots.

Neck relief,is there enough or too much.

Frets,do they appear to be worn;including dibits,look flat on the tops,appear to be speading out like some of our tummies.

Saddle,is it making proper contact with the bottom of the saddle slot.If theres a pu is it seated correctley.Are there any shim's.

Strap buttons,make sure that all the parts are snug.

Electronics,make sure that all wire's are clamped on the side's of the body and again snug but not too snug,don't let the wire's rest on the back and never have any wire's clamped to the top.If you have a side mounted electronics make sure the unit is again snug to the body.Also make sure that the jack washers inside side are also snug.

Loose brace's,you can tap the guitar top lightly with your thumb and listen for a hollow sound or rattle.In most case's unless the guitar has been subject to extreme heat or bang real hard the brace's are in most case's  will not come unglued.If your brave you can put your hand inside of the guitar and feel along the braces and with a very lite wiggle feel for movement,this is better done by a tech/luithier.

I'm sure I may have missed something so as may brain reviews the process's I will add to this list but even though I've only had 2 cups of coffee I think thats the list.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks