Previous topic - Next topic

EXTRAORDINARY :thumbsup
Taylor GS Mini
Larrivee 003v-MH Vintage Sunburst
Larrivee C-10
Larrivee omv-10 Cedar Zircote
Larrivee RS-4 Lacewood
Larrivee RS-4 Forum V (No.6)

I personally found that very RICH!!!  Thanks for sharing.   

It did leave me with questions of how he recorded it!!!   I see the guitar has a PUP installed but saw no cable from the guitar?!  If it was a PUP, what kind?
Anyone know?

I also wished I could find a D model with a 1 3/4 inch nut from Larrivee! 

Thanks again!   :thumb :thumb

I don't know why I watch stuff like this.  Just makes me want to throw my guitars in the fireplace!  :winkin:

[

I also wished I could find a D model with a 1 3/4 inch nut from Larrivee! 

Thanks again!   :thumb :thumb
[/quote]

Larrivee D models with 1 3/4" do exist- I have one.   It is a D10 Brazilian, and it is incredible.  They didn't make too many of them.  Mine is from 1998.  Not sure about any other models.  The extra width is great for fingerstyle.  It is my favorite guitar.  There is a short video on Youtube.  If you search Larrivee Brazilian it comes up.
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

:+1:

Simply fantastic, I found it to be inspiring, we all learn from someone that does something different from our norm, even if its just one thing, it adds to our overall style, being a flat picker all my life I love watching fingerstyle players just for the different technique,  outstanding
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Quote from: lmacmil on July 05, 2012, 09:53:10 PM
I don't know why I watch stuff like this.  Just makes me want to throw my guitars in the fireplace!  :winkin:

Or put my guitars up  on Craigslist! :whistling:
Dave

It makes me want to practice more. . . .instead of time on the forum  :arrow  :wacko:

Quote from: Strings4Him on July 06, 2012, 01:03:05 PM
It makes me want to practice more. . . .instead of time on the forum  :arrow  :wacko:

^^^This^^^ ... I've watched several of his videos now ... very creative and "musical" - not just a flurry of notes with no place to go...I like his compositions.

Here's one that appears to be in standard tuning (with capo).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 06, 2012, 03:52:00 PM
^^^This^^^ ... I've watched several of his videos now ... very creative and "musical" - not just a flurry of notes with no place to go...I like his compositions.

Here's one that appears to be in standard tuning (with capo).

Sounds like cedar on this video.  Also his playing is clean with hardly any squeak!

Very cool.
Modern fingerstyle without being too sterile.  maybe some Laurence Juber influence, or visa versa...

While I cannot play like that at all, the sustain and harmonics of his guitar remind me of my L-03s sound.  That is not a tonal quality I've found with many guitars, but its one I will always look for.
The dude abides

If you revisit that video and look at the comments, he was gracious enough to share the tuning w/me :)

Great stuff!  Thanks for sharing.
Larrivee OM-50
Larrivee Forum IV - #19
Willson 3400S Eb Tuba
Wessex BBb Helicon

That was fantastic.  Thanks for sharing
It only hurts when your not in tune!

One of my favourite things about my Larrivee is the great harmonics, they seem to ring forever.
This video takes things to a new level.
I downloaded it and have watched several times already - he is an amazing player

Great link - thanks