Space under Bridge

Started by zavji, July 05, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disappointed, picked my brand new p-09 today, got it home and found this. Guess I'll be taking it back to see what can be done.

Bummer!  :ohmy:

You need a GOOD tech to look at it. Chances are it is easily remedied and is not a major issue. Is it under warranty? Place to start is the dealer. Hope it works out quickly and satisfactorily.  :wave

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

I'd attempt to return it. It's not worth the hassle of waiting and possibly paying to have it fixed.

Return it.That is way too much gaping and the bridge would need to be reglued.Since it new get it replaced with a new guitar.Check the replacement over before leaving the store.If you got it mail order ask them to check the replacement out and send pix before shipping.You might loss the return shipping but if ther a rightious shop they cover that cost out with a refund check.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Since nobody else said it, to avoid confusion when discussing this, that's really the Bridge that's lifted. The Saddle is just the while bone or plastic piece that goes into the bridge that strings lay on.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on July 05, 2012, 11:06:32 PM
Since nobody else said it, to avoid confusion when discussing this, that's really the Bridge that's lifted. The Saddle is just the while bone or plastic piece that goes into the bridge that strings lay on.

Speaking of saddles, maybe it's just the lighting, but that saddle doesn't look like one that would come originally with a brand new Larrivee guitar (in the picture at least).
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Update, I am returning the guitar, and getting a new one direct from Oxnard. Have to wait a week or so, but least it'll be a fresh one.  :smile:

Cool. Sounds like they handled well!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: zavji on July 05, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Disappointed, picked my brand new p-09 today, got it home and found this. Guess I'll be taking it back to see what can be done.

Interesting - it seems like there are string-ramps cut on the  bridge pin holes - never seen that on a new Larrivee.

Zavji, welcome here - I'm glad for you that you're getting a replacement guitar.
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

"Interesting - it seems like there are string-ramps cut on the  bridge pin holes - never seen that on a new Larrivee."

I would have expected black pins too.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Something does not seem right.  Perhaps the dealer tried to sell an item as new that had some mods done by the dealer?

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on July 06, 2012, 01:14:31 AM
Speaking of saddles, maybe it's just the lighting, but that saddle doesn't look like one that would come originally with a brand new Larrivee guitar (in the picture at least).

That looks like one of the new(?) "smooth" compensated saddles that Cherokee has:

https://cherokeeguitar.com/product/larrivee-bone-saddles/

There was a thread about those a few weeks ago.
Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active

Zavji glad to hear its being taken care of.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Sure hope this got worked out
Larrivee OM-40M Legacy
Larrivee OM-3R JCL
Larrivee P-01
Alverez AP66SB

Is it time to ask if there's room for a troll to move in? Under the bridge that is?  :smile:

Quote from: ducktrapper on July 27, 2012, 10:24:04 AM
Is it time to ask if there's room for a troll to move in? Under the bridge that is?  :smile:

No, its all just water under the bridge now.  :blush:
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar