Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tommy Emmanual Autograph  (Read 2156 times)
bigjay

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:04:17 AM »

I had the pleasure of meeting Tommy Emmanuel back in May.  My son and I were among a small group of people invited to the "meet and greet" before the concert started.  I took along my Larri LV-03 RE and had Tommy autograph it for me. Anyway I like it but, have now started to wonder if the signature will affect the resale value of the guitar.  I can't imagine the value would improve (Nothing personal Tommy) ...maybe one day when he has stopped giving autographs.   Question is....do you think it has negatively  affected the resale value in anyway. I realize it might turn off some perspective buyers....

Sadly my best friend and lead guitar player passed away 3 days ago. We used to jam weekly and occasionally played out.   He was diagnosed with Cancer 6 months ago and given 18 months to live so  his passing was a shock despite knowing he was very ill.  I have been considering selling a bunch of gear because I don't think I will be playing much anymore. Although i wont be rushing that decision as i have done similar  in the past and have regretted selling certain guitars without really thinking it through. A certain Gretsch comes to mind...sigh..

Any thoughts welcome..I hope I've selected the correct forum for this topic/question.

More money than talent and I'm flat broke!
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »

As for resale value, it may reduce it some but I'm sure the sentimental value to you would far out weigh that

Sorry to hear of your Friend, cancer has effected us all in being a disease without mercy

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
bigbluesdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

Anytime you see famous peoples  autographs, they are usually on a cheap guitar, not making the guitar worth more than the signature on it, or the value of the guitar, which ever is higher, but when you take a high end guitar, and is signed by someone who is in the elite class of guitar players then you are combining two high end elements, and to the right collector could increase the value, from the experts that I have heard, you have a win win, so I don't see it as a loss...

Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »

Tommy will not be signing any of my guitars.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 03:19:11 AM »

Very tastefully done.  Its not something I would do to one of my Larrivees but it looks good.  I wouldn't do the artwork some do or have done on their guitars either but thats not to say I can't appreciate it.  As to resale value, since when were guitars primarily an investment anyway.  I view them as tools to do art with.  Its what comes out of a guitar that makes it valuable as far as I am concerned.  Play on bro, create art in memory of your dear friend.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:31:18 AM »

It should be easy enough to remove with naptha and you can always say that you will remove it before final sale if the buyer wish's.Do a little test to double check me on the removal factor.Pick a smallspot that won't be too noticable.Maybe to tip of the L by the binding.

Sorry to hear of your loss of a dear friend but don't give up on the guitar,play it in his honour.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 07:44:02 PM »

Even though I am not a fan of Tommy Emmanuel by any means, I think it adds value actually. There's a lot of Tommy E fans out there, wouldn't they want to have his autograph on a guitar? Guitars are meant to be played and enjoyed and decorated as needed. The autograph adds a little decoration. I think it adds a nice touch.

If it sounds good, it is good.

OutWithTheBlue

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »

Amazing player, and the sig looks great.

04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
Anyone's Everything.
bigjay

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »

Well the thoughts of resale are quickly fading...As you may have read in my other recent post, My dear friend that just passed away left his Pride and joy to me...A Taylor 614ce. I am sure i am not the only one who's time spent playing spike up sharply with the acquisition of a new guitar. I hadn't played more then a couple hours total in the last 6 months and now im back to at least an hour a day. Seems like he knew just what i needed. Amazing what music does for us in times of pain.

More money than talent and I'm flat broke!
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »

HALLELUJAH!  Your dear friend will be smiling on you.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: