Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGD Schecter not a Larrivee  (Read 1176 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:55:13 AM »

OK so its not a Larrivee but all it cost me is repairs.A while back I was trying to find a way to cut down on the number of guitars I was bring to gigs and was looking for someway to get an acoustic sound out of an electric without spending much money or building another tele type.I checked out all sorts of pedals and wasn't happy with what I heard.Well this guitar came to me by chance.It is a semi hollow sort of stratish.Two humbuckers and an acoustic/electric tune-a-matic bridge.The modal is a C1 E/A,curly maple top and F hole's.One set of control for the humbuckers volumn/tone and the same for the acoustic pu.It has a mini toggle which allows you to select either pu system or combine the two.It has some problems like the humbuckers suck and will need to be replaced,I'm either going to go with Fralin P92's which are true P90's in humbucker casings or I'm going to get a set of Mathews humbuckers.There a problem with the battery box that will need to be replaced and I hate having to pull the electrics thru one of the pu hole's so I may cut an acsess in the back and I'll need to do the same with the toggle switch.I wish I had a way to post pix but I've got this useless program called clearfi that is such a pain in the butt to download to as it is to upload from.It has a nice light tobacco brown finish and chrome dome knobs.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:03:25 AM »

gotpics?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:24 AM »

gotpics?

He just said his program makes pictures a pain to download ...

Unclrob, what brand is it? You called it a C1 A/E ... is it Yamaha or Ibanez or something else?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:24:30 AM »

Unclrob, is your Schecter similar to this one ?    I owned this guitar for a few years and loved the way it played and the feel of the neck.  It could be switched from humbucker to single coil with a pull of the tone knob as I recall.   I hated to part with it but,   well,,,  you know the old story.  Something else came up that I just had to have.  I think Schecter's are great guitars but they are not very well known.      A friend of mine bought one for his dad after seeing and hearing mine.   I think my guitar was called a C-SH-1  (semi-hollow body)

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »

He just said his program makes pictures a pain to download ...

Unclrob, what brand is it? You called it a C1 A/E ... is it Yamaha or Ibanez or something else?

I believe he just said it was a Schecter C1 E/A ohmy

You-Tube Demo

And This one tho probably not much new for Uncle

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:56 AM »

Rev Schecter C1 E/A

Tuffy thats the one but with chrome hardware and it has a stop tailpiece instead of the strings thru.I'm even thinking that a bigsby would be cool. whistling

Joyce the demo was cool.

As for the repair thats why I want to cut the acsess hole's.I will never understand why companies build guitars that are such a pain in the butt to service.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »

Rev Schecter C1 E/A

Tuffy thats the one but with chrome hardware and it has a stop tailpiece instead of the strings thru.I'm even thinking that a bigsby would be cool. whistling

Joyce the demo was cool.

As for the repair thats why I want to cut the acsess hole's.I will never understand why companies build guitars that are such a pain in the butt to service.

Duh - I missed that in your title - shouldn't be reading these threads late at night!

Why build guitars that are a pain in the butt to service?

Because the companies want to save money, so they build to a price point...and they know that most people will never do any service on the instruments at this price point; they'll just stop playing them or trade 'em in on something else, or sell 'em on Craigslist (at a huge loss) and let someone else deal with it. That would be YOU, my friend; YOU get to deal with it!  whistling

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:09 AM »

Ya but what about Gibson 335's and all its bothers and sisters,there archtops {pu should be floated with the controls mounted in the guard},Gretsch's when they didn't have that big hole and pad on the back.And others.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Dru Edwards

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »

Congrats! I have a couple of Schecters. Great guitars. One of them I upgraded the pickups the other I left stock with the JB/Jazz combo.

Enjoy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: