Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wyres" string company  (Read 3390 times)
vacapicker

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

About one month ago I ordered strings from the "Wyres" website.  Order was confirmed, payment made.  Contacted the site twice since then and was told each time the strings were shipping, "immediately".  Nothing has been delivered. Contacted paypal and filed a non-delivery complaint.  Have any of you experienced  the same with "Wyres"? J.P.D.   cop

"You can observe alot just by watching." Yogi Berra
vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »

Today is the 25th.  Got a notice from Wyres stating that the strings were being shipped and this time they want confirmation of delivery.  Looks like paypal worked its magic!   

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:36 AM »

Last time I'd do business with them if I were you.      Shop local     it may cost a little more but heck you don't that screwed feeling.     If they don't have what you want local maybe they can order by the box for you,I do that for a few customers price of strings+ shipping+15%=customer service plus a little something for me......

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »

If they're now asking for confirmation of delivery could it be that there was a communication error? I.e., did they (or you) transcribe the wrong address? If so there could be a couple sets of strings floating around that someone might be interested in.

On a side note re: USPS. Our mail was just delivered (7:10pm) and we asked the postman what the hold-up was. His response: he does his regular route and THEN does this route which takes another 4 hours. I'm not even going to propose a solution to that problem.

f

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »

On a side not re: USPS. Our mail was just delivered (7:10pm) and we asked the postman what the hold-up was. His response: he does his regular route and THEN does this route which takes another 4 hours. I'm not even going to propose a solution to that problem.

f

My brother-in-law is a mail carrier and has to do the same thing. The cause is management who have never delivered a piece of mail in their life knowing how long it takes to deliver mail. Not really too much different than management at any large institution. Its just assumed that when you take on a new management position you will eliminate jobs to earn a big bonus. How many management changes does it take to eliminate a workforce? Who wants to be the manager just hired with only one employee left??

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
GGBB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

I haven't dealt with Wyres, but I have ordered from JustStrings.com a couple of times and they have been perfect.  Great prices and they shipped within 24 hours.  I would love to buy local, but even here in Toronto the selection at local stores doesn't come close to what is available online.  I have wasted far too much time driving to different shops only to find they were out of my gauge or didn't have the brand/variety I was after.  From now on I'll probably just order in bulk periodically from Just Strings.

Gord

Larrivée C-09 | DeArmond M-75 | Squier '51 (modified) | Ibanez AF105 | Takamine EF360SC | Yamaha BBG5S (modified) | Rockbass Corvette Classic 5 Active
vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »

I hear you guys on the mail delivery issue. Out my way the carriers are wearing more hats than ever and are spread way too thin.   On the subject of "wrong address"...nope, they flat out lied about sending the product.  If this supposed delivery doesn't happen I know paypal will give me my money, and I am finding out from others that similar things have happened to them dealing with this firm.   Live and learn, and never forget!  Thanks for the posts, J.P.D.   

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:54 PM »

Delivery at 1:30 today. RIDICULOUS!  No Mas. J.P.D.  angry

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

One more note...From other players I have found that due to this company shipping from Canada, the change to U.S. carriers is a hit or miss. Sometimes they get their package in 3 days, other times 3 weeks.  All told this company needs better communication with customers and a vastly better delivery system.  O.K. I'm done complaining. J.P.D.   

webberink

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 12:04:27 AM »

So mail system aside, how do you like the strings?  Ive use Wyres on all my Larrivees and love the 12-56 PB, especially on my OM and Parlor.  By far, best I ever had, especially for fingerstyle.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 01:18:25 AM »

My brother-in-law is a mail carrier and has to do the same thing. The cause is management who have never delivered a piece of mail in their life knowing how long it takes to deliver mail. Not really too much different than management at any large institution. Its just assumed that when you take on a new management position you will eliminate jobs to earn a big bonus. How many management changes does it take to eliminate a workforce? Who wants to be the manager just hired with only one employee left??

The American Way! Lay-off and get rich.

Only an opinion but it's MINE!

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

The American Way! Lay-off and get rich.

Only and opinion but it's MINE!
[/q

uote]Mitt Romney is the big promoter of this management style.  This November is going to be a raucous election. Soon it will look like the movie, "The Postman"!     

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 03:31:21 AM »

Finally put on the Wyres and guess what!  I like the EJ17's  better!  Wyres sound "tinty" to my ears, and they don't feel good!  Live and learn!   

webberink

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 04:54:30 AM »

Put an hour or two on them and then let us know.  I find Wyres change a lot after you put an hour or two playing time on them.  They seem to be one of the strings that actually significantly improve with some playing, and then settle in and last and last. 
Dave

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »

Dave...thx, I will.  I had a problem with two strings "unraveling" on the tuner post.  Hope they don't shred away.   

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:40 AM »

Put an hour or two on them and then let us know.  I find Wyres change a lot after you put an hour or two playing time on them.  They seem to be one of the strings that actually significantly improve with some playing, and then settle in and last and last.  
Dave

Dave, +1.  These strings are changing everyday and the sound is getting better every session!  Still don't like the feel of them, but that may smooth out too!  Thx again, J.P.D.    

webberink

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 04:25:24 AM »

Thanks for the report back.  Ya, I forgot to mention that I have found the feel drastically improves with playing too.  Something to do withe the chemistry of the coating and the stuff from your fingers.  Any road, buy now you will have probably noticed how sensitive the strings are too.  I find I can bend a note, get great tremolos, play fantatstic hammer-ons or get grace notes with the greatest of ease and with a way less finger pressure or fatigue.  Let us know any other things you notice as the Wyres play in.  Oh ya, I from other posts I discovered that Stateside you can order your Wyres from Elderly cheaper than you can get them direct from the Wyres company, probably a whole lot faster too.  I am not sure how this would shake out for us Cannucks but plan on checking it out.
Dave

vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 04:32:18 AM »

day by day these strings are changing.  It's odd yet great 'cause they keep getting better!   

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »

day by day these strings are changing.  It's odd yet great 'cause they keep getting better!   

Sure its not you?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
vacapicker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 02:50:29 AM »

LOL!  I'm sure.  I am getting better too! 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: