Do you take pride knowing the Larrivée family participate in the build process?

Started by J M Larrivée, June 04, 2012, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: J M Larrivée on June 06, 2012, 11:58:22 AM
  Hi Everyone,

WOW, thank you for all the many kind words you have given. It truly means a lot to our family to see, read and hear stories of musicians loving and caring for our instruments. A day doesn't go by that we don't appreciate the support you have all given us. We are a modest family and very in touch with reality. We do our best to bring you our highest quality instruments at affordable pricing while balancing costs, supplies, labour and living expenses. A very challenging act in this day and age. But we are commited as a family, with Jean as our leader, to continue the path Jean has worked so hard to carve.

At your service...

john jr.

John, would you ask your father for his blessing for us to pursue the nomination for the Order of Canada? I can't think of too many Canadians more deserving.

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 06, 2012, 12:02:35 PM
John, would you ask your father for his blessing for us to pursue the nomination for the Order of Canada? I can't think of too many Canadians more deserving.
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

He says... [with his humble "who me" grin] "...sure, doesn't Celine Dion have one of those".

john jr.

Quote from: J M Larrivée on June 06, 2012, 12:26:36 PM
He says... [with his humble "who me" grin] "...sure, doesn't Celine Dion have one of those".

john jr.

I dunno. What kind of guitar does she  play? Thanks John and Jean. Well ... let's get on it boys and girls!

Quote from: ducktrapper on June 06, 2012, 12:45:06 PM
I dunno. What kind of guitar does she  play? Thanks John and Jean. Well ... let's get on it boys and girls!

Will he have to get a haircut?

It's a great idea Duck.  Should be a shoe-in.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Doesn't her guitar player use larrivee electrics? :thumbsup

I think your on to something, he would be deserving of such a high honer :thumbsup
Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r

Good timing with the Order of Canada thing, it being Jean's birthday and all!
~ Jason ~
www.cedarthieves.com
Larrivée L-02 circa 1999
Larrivée OM-05 Satin circa 2012

I have seen first hand how "hands on" Jean, Matt and Wendy are when I visited the Oxnard workshop.  I picked up my JCL there from JCL which I found fitting.  This was back in 2009 during the worst of the downturn.  I didn't see a lot of other workers, but the three Larrivees were all working on guitars.  It makes me feel good knowing how committed the family is to putting out the best product they can at fair prices.

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Quote from: 247hoopsfan on June 06, 2012, 05:23:01 PM
I have seen first hand how "hands on" Jean, Matt and Wendy are when I visited the Oxnard workshop.  I picked up my JCL there from JCL which I found fitting.  This was back in 2009 during the worst of the downturn.  I didn't see a lot of other workers, but the three Larrivees were all working on guitars.  It makes me feel good knowing how committed the family is to putting out the best product they can at fair prices.

Great picture!!

I don't currently own a Larrivee. But I will again. Yes. I think what the Larrivee family has done is something special & something we see too little of in these days of sending the manufacturing away from home.

They've built a family business making an absolutely beautiful product that still depends on a great deal of careful craftsmanship and art. They've weathered a lot of fads and economic uncertainty. Kudos to Jean and his family. You have a lot too be proud of and anyone who owns one of your guitars has something very special in their hands.

I'm not feeling proud necessarily, but it was a factor in deciding on Larrivee Guitars for me.  Larrivee are the ones who should be proud to still boast they run a family operation.  I'm satisfied certainly.  And confident, but you guys should be proud.
The dude abides

The first time I saw the pic of Jean and Michael (I think) standing out in the timber yard on the logs in the water it peaked my interest. I had never known of a guitar company to be that hands on in the process. Then the more I researched, I found that that pic is only the beginning on the process. From start to finish it seems that someone in the family has a hand in bringing the guitar to life. I now own a D-60 and an OMV-50 and couldn't be happier with each of them. Looking forward to acquiring more of these wonderful instruments (with my wife's good graces of course).
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

I love the fact that Larrivees are still built by Larrivees.  Though the company has an international presence, it still has a mom and pop vibe, which is meaningful to me. I'm sold on the Larrivee brand and hope to see it continue.

I'm wondering though, has any thought ever been given to starting a Larrivee publication, like Martin and Taylor put out?  I'm sure it's expensive and time consuming but I'd love to see something like this from Larrivee.