Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neck on J-09 - strange sensations  (Read 464 times)
wynniaj

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

While playing my J-09 I am getting a strange sensation, it feels as if the neck is bruising or as if there is air trapped underneath the finish and that it is moving when I squeeze the neck. There is nothing visible  - has anyone experienced anything similar or have any wise to offer ? many thanks 

Larrivee L-05
Larrivee J-09
Kronbauer SMB cutaway Engelman/Cocobolo
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »

Have you checked the air pressure in the neck with an inflation gauge?

has anyone experienced anything similar or have any wise to offer ? many thanks 

Sorry, I thought you were asking for advise from a wiseguy.     whistling

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
dr.underhill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »

While playing my J-09 I am getting a strange sensation, it feels as if the neck is bruising or as if there is air trapped underneath the finish and that it is moving when I squeeze the neck. There is nothing visible  - has anyone experienced anything similar or have any wise to offer ? many thanks 

does it feel like this all the way up/down the neck, or is it isolated to just one location?

i used to agitate for sedition. now i advocate sedation.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »

I've never heard of this.I would bring it to a good tech and have it checked out.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
wynniaj

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »

I am questioning my own sanity on this point - gripping other objects to see if I can recreate the sensation in my hand - but it is most pronounced in one spot behind the third fret - I'll take it to a tech............maybe he can show me where to attach the air hose

Larrivee L-05
Larrivee J-09
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

How long have you had this guitar? Is the profile noticeably different from your other Larrivee?

wynniaj

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »

I haven't had it very long, it's a Canadian built guitar rather than a US so has a slightly thicker neck and narrower nut - I imagine it is something to do with my hand as that seems the most obvious explanation rather than anything wrong with the guitar which seems in very good condition - but I am unable to replicate the sensation either with another guitar or any other object..

Larrivee L-05
Larrivee J-09
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »

I haven't had it very long, it's a Canadian built guitar rather than a US so has a slightly thicker neck and narrower nut - I imagine it is something to do with my hand as that seems the most obvious explanation rather than anything wrong with the guitar which seems in very good condition - but I am unable to replicate the sensation either with another guitar or any other object..

It has to be. Wood isn't going to like dent in then return to its original shape like a sponge. I'd just give it time and if you start feeling tingling or numbness layoff playing the guitar so much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: