Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dimitar Nalbantov - my favorite melodic rock instrumental guitarist  (Read 600 times)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:30 PM »

I don't share too many videos or artist stuff  - but I've supported this guy with CD purchases over the past 5 years or so.  I simply think he is the best at what he does.  I kind of like to have on-hand for listening people that seem to be the best at what they do.  On the other end of my guitar/stringed instrument taste spectrum, I have Doc Watson albums and Jon Standefer albums. I thought my Larrivee friends might like to hear Dimi - particularly those of you with bird-beak headstock Larrys.

I have purchased all of Dimi's self-made albums.  He hails from Bulgaria.  If you buy his CDs, they come from Bulgaria with cool handwritten Cyrillic script and so forth.

Anyways, if you like melodic instrumental rock like Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, etc.  you will love Dimitar's stuff.  Very well orchestrated and plenty of variety (Satch's stuff can get kind of boring by comparison).

He does lots of plugin product endorsements and demos.

Here is an example of an eastern influenced song where some of the bend techniques are reminiscent of sitar and so forth - but with some dive bomb and hammer on magic thrown in as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDabg9pKmU

Make sure to check out his website www.nalbantov.com

On the forums at KVR audio, he shows up and seems to be a nice guy based on his on-line presence.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: