Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "A CHAT WITH JEAN" - New 5 minute video  (Read 1358 times)
J M Larrivée

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »

We have just posted a new 5 minute video with Jean on our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/LarriveeMedia

In the video, Jean sums up the last 4 decades and offers a little bit of insight into his world while talking about the past, present and future of Larrivée.

Enjoy!

john jr.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »

Loved it!!  Please make more videos.  Great--fairly cheap--advertising.
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

That was fun to watch.  Thanks for posting it.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:15:41 PM »

That was fun to watch.  Thanks for posting it.

+1 Too short tho!!!!  blush

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »

Jean Larrivee..... Top guy,the best in guitars.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
bigbluesdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »

When you hear him talk about guitars, you can really tell how much he loves what he does, especially when it comes to choosing the wood, the main ingredient in the soup as he puts its, I give so much credit to his entire family for such a down to earth hands on method of guitar building, they all know the recipe for the best guitars, now I really need to play a Bakersfield he's got me stoked about his electrics, I'm so glad I bought a Larrivee for my first high end acoustic... +1 +1 +1 +1

Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r
DaveyO
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »

That was very cool
thank you
Dave
ffinke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 05:42:55 AM »

Thank you John, for the video...

And thank you Jean for the tradition of a well built guitar at a reasonable price.

Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)
funkstarfish

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »

I liked your opening...

"I take care of any of the problems, I'm a trouble shooter, I make things happen."

I hear ya.

You are the man Jean.

The dude abides
rustyp

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »

That was great!
Except, judging by the numbers of guitars people here own, I think it's only maybe 50 thousand musicians if we all have two or three! :-)
I really liked his comments on how he makes guitars, which in turn make musicians play music, and that makes people happy. It's quite touching.

Larrivee d-03, My first "good" guitar
Larrivee p1 Dec 2000
Larrivee Forum III #31 Mom's estate gift to me
Boulder Creek tenor uke *2
Gibson SG 1980 gift from Dad for my 16th birthday
Yellow labrador
acousticphd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »

The summer before last, we were visiting So. California, traveling up the coast from Los Angeles to my hometown north of Santa Barbara.  I knew Larrivee had been in Oxnard, CA for some time, but I moved away long before they arrived and I had never seen the plant.  I called them up, and asked if we could have a tour - not realizing that at the Larrivee factory, they don't really have factory tours.  After holding for a few minutes, they asked when we planned to arrive, and told me Mr. Larrivee (one of J.L.'s sons, I'm afraid I don't remember which one now) would show us around. 

We were treated to a very nice, informal tour for ~45 mins.  The factory work force had been cut back a good deal due to the economy; it was fairly quiet and there only seemed to be ~a dozen people there at the time.  Mr. Jean Larrivee was on the floor at a machine cutting kerfing, of all things.  He sort of shrugged and commented, well, he did a little of everything, and someone needed to cut kerfing, after all; he might as well do it.  He was nice enough to stop for a few moments to welcome us and chat, before Mr. Larrivee Jr told him to get back to work.  I especially enjoyed seeing a few newly finished and strung mandolins.  A very nice experience, the kind that made me I wish I could have opened a checkbook and bought an L-09 right there on the spot.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »

Very nice account Acoustic. Mr. Larrivee Jr. most likely was Matthew. The Future is Bright!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: