What you all do to get to sleep???

Started by unclrob, May 16, 2012, 12:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: bearsville0 on July 04, 2012, 10:59:11 AM
All good points.

I think the biggest obstacle to legalizing weed is the fact that for most of us, using it is purely and simply a reflection of our pleasure in getting high and somebody, somewhere, I suspect, has a moral problem with the idea that we like being stoned, 'cos when we're stoned, we're happy.

That's definitely part of it. The other part is the propaganda is so strong it has become a social taboo(some of that is lifting). Same thing happened with fat(from food) after a bad study came out in the 80's. It also has happened with steroids. There's something about someone becoming superior in some way that people don't like whether that's money, physiology,etc. This is probably what Nietzsche called slave morality.

Quote from: jeremy3220 on July 04, 2012, 12:45:37 PM
That's definitely part of it. The other part is the propaganda is so strong it has become a social taboo(some of that is lifting). Same thing happened with fat(from food) after a bad study came out in the 80's. It also has happened with steroids. There's something about someone becoming superior in some way that people don't like whether that's money, physiology,etc. This is probably what Nietzsche called slave morality.

Can we add masturbation to that list?

:laughin:

If it sounds good, it is good.

The real problem is often you do not know what you got. There is huge difference between some nice herb grown outside in the sun, and some indoor grown, blow your mind, stuff.I'm an outdoor fan, but do not care for the intense indoor stuff. At least when you drink you know how much alcohol is in the mix. This is another reason IMHO why it should be made legal.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

It's illegal because the parties that make the most money off its illegality have power or the ear of those who have power. It's simple really. Everything else is just ... um ... blowing smoke.

Quote from: carruth on July 04, 2012, 04:31:13 PM
The real problem is often you do not know what you got. There is huge difference between some nice herb grown outside in the sun, and some indoor grown, blow your mind, stuff.I'm an outdoor fan, but do not care for the intense indoor stuff. At least when you drink you know how much alcohol is in the mix. This is another reason IMHO why it should be made legal.

In most cannabis dispensaries where I live the % of THC for every strain they carry is clearly marked on the "menu board" along with the price.   If the real potent stuff is too intense for you there's always the option of smoking less of it  :bgrin:  or buying the weaker stuff. The top shelf stuff approaches 18% - 20& THC.    Compared to what I grew up smoking in the 60's this is like TNT versus a firecracker.   My opinion is that it's better to use the high-powered "medicine' in smaller quantities so you don't have to ingest as much smoke. Of course if you use a vaporizer or ingest it in a cookie, brownie, or lollipop it doesn't make much difference.   Ingesting it by eating it is very hard to determine the correct dosage.   It takes longer to feel the effects but it is much, much more intense.    

Of course, all this is what I've been told by reliable sources....

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 04, 2012, 05:30:44 PM

In most cannabis dispensaries where I live the % of THC for every strain they carry is clearly marked on the "menu board" along with the price.   If the real potent stuff is too intense for you there's always the option of smoking less of it  :bgrin:  or buying the weaker stuff. The top shelf stuff approaches 18% - 20& THC.    Compared to what I grew up smoking in the 60's this is like TNT versus a firecracker.   My opinion is that it's better to use the high-powered "medicine' in smaller quantities so you don't have to ingest as much smoke. Of course if you use a vaporizer or ingest it in a cookie, brownie, or lollipop it doesn't make much difference.   Ingesting it by eating it is very hard to determine the correct dosage.   It takes longer to feel the effects but it is much, much more intense.    

Of course, all this is what I've been told by reliable sources....

:+1:

Very interesting information folks. Now is any of this helping Uncle Rob to get to sleep?
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Yes contact the idiots that run the state of confussion,also known as the state of Florida and get them to allow medical use dispence via a Pharmacy grown by the US goverment. :smile:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on July 04, 2012, 09:16:34 PM
Yes contact the idiots that run the state of confussion,also known as the state of Florida and get them to allow medical use dispence via a Pharmacy grown by the US goverment. :smile:

I'd rather grow my own. Country boy can survive, and such. Everything the "gubament" touches they screw up...

Quote from: GA-ME on July 05, 2012, 09:01:57 AM
I'd rather grow my own. Country boy can survive, and such. Everything the "gubament" touches they screw up...

I'd like to grow my own also but baby step's.You got to roll over before you crawl etc etc etc... :winkin:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: GA-ME on July 05, 2012, 09:01:57 AM
I'd rather grow my own. Country boy can survive, and such.

Indeed, there won't be much tax money to be made from selling it, just money saved from not policing it. It's so easy to grow, no processing beyond hanging it up to dry and chances are, you'll have so much on your hands you'll be giving it away like those darn zuchini's that I can't get rid off fast enough.

I predict though that there will be some brisk business in the high-end gourmet section of the pot market. I look forward to that.

:doh
If it sounds good, it is good.

In Thailand they use it as a culinary herb. Tha curries over their taste wonderful.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: carruth on July 05, 2012, 04:02:10 PM
In Thailand they use it as a culinary herb. Tha curries over their taste wonderful.

Yup, I use it as a culinary herb too:   Like when I want to get "toasted" .   :roll

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 05, 2012, 04:22:48 PM
Yup, I use it as a culinary herb too:   Like when I want to get "toasted" .   :roll

:roll
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

What does the Pug in the photo smoke?
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Well, I didn't read all of pages and pages about weed, but I know if I drink coffee even in the evening or even afternoon to some degree,  I have hard time sleeping. Didn't used to be like that but as I got older, it started keeping me awake.  Taking from bits I read about other discussion, I think anyone who thinks weed doesn't impair them is well....smoking something.
Not saying its bad, but it impairs things like driving.
So Rob, did you start laying off the coffee? I used to drink it all day long ago. But now just a strong cup in the morning. I need that one. But on occassion when I'm working late or drink coffee in the evening...it keeps me up.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: flatlander on July 06, 2012, 12:07:33 AM
Well, I didn't read all of pages and pages about weed .... Taking from bits I read about other discussion, I think anyone who thinks weed doesn't impair them is well....smoking something.
Not saying its bad, but it impairs things like driving.

Well, I only read a couple of words in your post but I think you're mistaken.  :whistling:

flatlander ya no coffee after 11am.After that I drink only water.No food after 8pm.As for being  impaired thats the goal to shut down the brain.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks