Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Dread  (Read 803 times)
nuncle

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:43:46 AM »

Been wanting a dread ever since I gave my so-so Martin to my son about seven years ago.  Had hoped to to get a Larry, but $$$ being somewhat tight, I lowered my standards a bit and bought a Recording King RD-310.  It's solid African hog with an Adirondack Spruce top.  Also comes with a bone nut and saddle, both nice and beneficial details.  It's a plain-Jane, just-the-basics, thank you, guitar--which I kind of like--but has a powerful, cutting clear voice with a lot of top-end without sacrificing mids and lows. Actually pretty impressive guit, and the best locally available to  me in my price range. 

The neck is a bit shallow when compared to my Larry L-03, making it more difficult to fret, for my hands, at least.  I have long fingers and the shallow neck makes me strain a bit to arch my fingers for clear fretting, unlike my Larry's neck which, for my purposes, is the easiest I have ever played.  (I Think it has some thing to do with the depth and curvature/radius of the neck profile .)  Nonetheless, quite pleased with my new new Recording King, particularly its volume and articulate tone. (It really does sound sweet and clear and blue-grassy.)  I figure practicing on it will eventually accustom my fingers to the different neck profile.    But still hoping someday to own a Larry dread, D-O3 or D-04.   

Larrivee L-03R,  Recording King RD-03, Simon & Patrck Woodland Pro Folk, Martin OOCXAE, Gib. LP Jr, Gib Melody Maker Special, Fender (mim) 69 Tele Thinline
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 01:54:23 AM »

Congrats on the new toy enjoy.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Dru Edwards

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:02:03 PM »

Sounds like you have a winner!!! Great specs too. Enjoy!
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:08 PM »

Recording King are nice instruments, congratulations!!

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
nuncle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:10:31 PM »

Thanks, me feller guit pickers.   

Larrivee L-03R,  Recording King RD-03, Simon & Patrck Woodland Pro Folk, Martin OOCXAE, Gib. LP Jr, Gib Melody Maker Special, Fender (mim) 69 Tele Thinline
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: