RS-4 with an Ibanez LoPro tremolo?

Started by PM33AUD, May 05, 2012, 12:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figured I'd liven things up around here.

Sometime in the future I'd like to get a 3rd RS-4 with a tremolo.  Was trying some more bigsby stuff and they are kinda limited in the crazy stuff you can do with em compared to a FR.

I've come to fall in love with Ibanez' 'Lo Pro' edge tremolos (NOT the TRS ones).  The first one I tried was on a Vai Ibby I had a bit back and ended up buying a few of the trems on ebay for custom 7 strings I built.  Awesome tremolo.  Best FR I've ever used.  Super high-quality in every part.  Excellent feel and superb tuning stability.

So...

What do you think are the odds of getting a custom RS-4 with the Lo Pro tremolo?  I don't know if they'd do it and am a bit afraid to even ask.  Maybe I could get some other bridge that is smaller in footprint and just rout it all out myself to get it in there.

I think it would look absolutely absurd and completely awesome.

Why not just try to get one on a Lancaster? That's probably more doable, since you don't have to worry about the neck angle.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 05, 2012, 01:10:32 AM
Why not just try to get one on a Lancaster? That's probably more doable, since you don't have to worry about the neck angle.

Not a bad point actually.  The Lancaster looks like a guitar where this would fit perfectly.  I don't have any idea about what kind of modifications would be required for this, but an interesting thought, nonetheless.  Also, this would give you the opportunity to have a different guitar in the stable.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Hmmm, totally forgot about the neck angle.  :/

Yes.  Lancaster would be much easier.  Is the old-school RS-4 the same or very similar to the new Lancaster?  They look pretty similar to me.

Phil

Quote from: PM33AUD on May 05, 2012, 08:24:00 AM
Is the old-school RS-4 the same or very similar to the new Lancaster?  They look pretty similar to me.

I have asumed so but have little detail on the Lancaster :mad: Lookin forward to the comparison myself :blush:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)