lancaster pickguard?

Started by fritferret, May 04, 2012, 11:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkout this pic:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/524683_366677906712555_104036859643329_988392_1632762277_n.jpg

pickgaurds, maybe? i'd love to have one w/ a pickguard!

also, anyone know the price point on these?

ooooooo

I have no idea on the price.  I hope it's not affordable...  On the upside I did just find a rather large cardboard box the other day.  The size of TWO refrigerators.  Enough room for me to sleep vertically and hang up the guitars that will inevitably drive me to live in corrugated paper.

i'm headed in the same direction!

Quote from: PM33AUD on May 04, 2012, 11:20:56 PM
ooooooo

I have no idea on the price.  I hope it's not affordable...  On the upside I did just find a rather large cardboard box the other day.  The size of TWO refrigerators.  Enough room for me to sleep vertically and hang up the guitars that will inevitably drive me to live in corrugated paper.

Just remember to buy a good quality tarp to cover it for when it rains. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

:nice guitar:

Looks very nice - will definitely need a pickguard.

I notice two RS-4 bodies and two RS-2 bodies behind it - one righty and one lefty of each. But no lefty Lancaster in this pic  :crying: :crying:  I'm bummed by this...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

lookie what i found!  now i have to have one, pref. hardtail!

Thats not a hard tail thats a Kahler spyder tremalo that is top mounted and as far as I'm concerned its the only other trem system beside's Bigsby and the original Strat trem that worth having.All the others are either ****. :winkin:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on May 11, 2012, 01:18:20 PM
All the others are either ****. :winkin:
Or what...?

(What are you saying, unclrob?  :laughin:)

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 11, 2012, 05:14:08 PM
Or what...?

(What are you saying, unclrob?  :laughin:)
Rev are you really gonna make me say it.......... :?

OK you asked for it there nothing but..................................dare I say this ...it will get that sensor thingy..................................................here goes.......worthless junk.......there i said it :wink:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Well ... I don't seem to get along with tremolos ... but I haven't had a guitar with a Bigsby yet. We'll see about the Lancaster...

i wonder if a non-tremolo hipshot will be an option.  you can avoid the back routing, too.

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 05, 2012, 10:57:29 PM
:nice guitar:

Looks very nice - will definitely need a pickguard.

I notice two RS-4 bodies and two RS-2 bodies behind it - one righty and one lefty of each. But no lefty Lancaster in this pic  :crying: :crying:  I'm bummed by this...

Looking at the body routing the single coils will need to be non staggered or true lefty pickups for a lefty Lancaster.

I mentioned it in another thread, but Matthew said lefties will be available.

Looking closely at the pics, the Lancaster's single coils are non-staggered:

The left handed version of the guitar will be a true mirror image of the right handed. We take every part of the cad design (Guitar and Jig) and use a function called "Mirror" to reverse the guitar then build all new jigs to make them. The pickups are flatpole as opposed to staggered pole. I built prototypes with both flat pole and staggered and I like the flat pole better from both a function and form standpoint.

I always appreciate it when Matthew chimes in - it's great that he and John Jr. check in here regularly.

And now, for you lefties...

Quote from: Matthew Larrivee on May 15, 2012, 10:53:38 PM
I built prototypes with both flat pole and staggered and I like the flat pole better from both a function and form standpoint.

Awesome! I am big fan of flat pole (or symmetrical stagger) and not the vintage stagger. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Quote from: unclrob on May 11, 2012, 01:18:20 PM
Thats not a hard tail thats a Kahler spyder tremalo that is top mounted and as far as I'm concerned its the only other trem system beside's Bigsby and the original Strat trem that worth having.All the others are either ****. :winkin:

Ibanez' Lo Pro trems are the best trems I've tried so far.  Strat trems take a bit of tweaking to get stability but even with you can't be doin no Dimebag squeals without it coming back up 100% perfect every time.  Same deal with the Bigsbys I've tried.  I have a Wilkinson on my Strat.  Feels similar to a strat trem - a little better tuning stability.  Did anyone mention the estimated price for this yet?

Quote from: PM33AUD on May 21, 2012, 09:13:02 AMDid anyone mention the estimated price for this yet?

MSRP is the same as the Bakersfield: $2398.00.

I got an excellent deal on mine through my local mom 'n' pop Larrivee dealer (because they knew it wasn't going to hang on the wall for 3-6 months or longer). PM me for the price I paid. You can also check at places like Guitar Adoptions...just put a Bakersfield in the cart to see his actual price (I have no affiliation with Dave or Guitar Adoptions other than being a previous satisfied customer).