Mack Amps

Started by ducktrapper, May 04, 2012, 08:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

While I was away, I've been communing heavily with the dark side. I picked up a Mackamps Heatseeker HS-18 and a Gem from the same maker. My RS-4 has never sounded better. Sold my Fender Blues Deluxe which I was sad to see go but I was running out of room. Anyone looking for a nice boutique quality amp for less should have a look a these. The little Gem, especially, is way cool.

http://www.mackamps.com/products-Mack-Amps/

It read good I like the fact that it can get "sag" out of the solid state rectifier.It doesn't say anything about tone controls though.Can you get a clean sound or is it limited to various overdrive's?Years ago my amp tech juiced my Princeton reverb up to 15 watts and built a voltage well to give more ummp to the amps "sag" that really came to life when my overdrive pedal was kicked in at any setting on it.I didn't notice a combo,now that would be cool.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on May 04, 2012, 09:43:57 AM
It read good I like the fact that it can get "sag" out of the solid state rectifier.It doesn't say anything about tone controls though.Can you get a clean sound or is it limited to various overdrive's?Years ago my amp tech juiced my Princeton reverb up to 15 watts and built a voltage well to give more ummp to the amps "sag" that really came to life when my overdrive pedal was kicked in at any setting on it.I didn't notice a combo,now that would be cool.

Oh you can get a real nice clean sound with both. The 4 or .4 watt Gem is very clean. I asked about a combo and Don said he has a couple chassis lying around and could put one together for me. I decided to go with the piggy back 'cos all my amps (since my long gone Garnett Rebel) have been combos. The 1x12 cabinet with the Redcoat speaker is very good. I'm loving both of these amps. The cap and t-shirts were nice too!    

Duck, sounds very cool, and for a lot less than the Dr. Z Maz18 Jr head I just ordered...but I love the way the Maz18 sounds, and it's built like a tank. My main problem will be that my son also really wants a Dr Z amp, so I may ahve a hard time keeping mine at home...

What cabs/speakers are you running it through?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 04, 2012, 11:03:31 AM
Duck, sounds very cool, and for a lot less than the Dr. Z Maz18 Jr head I just ordered...but I love the way the Maz18 sounds, and it's built like a tank. My main problem will be that my son also really wants a Dr Z amp, so I may ahve a hard time keeping mine at home...

What cabs/speakers are you running it through?

I'm using the 1x12 that they sell. Contains a 12" Redcoat. I'd like to get something a little smaller for the Gem.