What Are You Working On?

Started by GIGGLER, June 23, 2003, 06:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm working on a finger style blues piece from Dec '99 "Acoustic Guitar" (I think that's when....it has Merle Travis on cover). Title: Fill 'em up. Neat alternating thumb...and the piece has additional embellishments (pull offs, hammer ons and runs up the neck) in the next issue, which I dug out and am holding at the ready 'til I'm comfortable with this arrangement.

I don't play alot of blues, but it's fun! I need to go through more back issues, as I seldom had time to review them closely when I got 'em.
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

I was told over at the Taylor Forum (www.taylorforum.com) that every acoustic guitarist should know how to play "Blackbird."  So that's what I'm currently working on. :D

Anyone doing jazz?
I'd like to working on some western swing pieces or jazz standards but can't seem to find the time.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Phil Keaggy instructional video.  What a challange!!!  But great fun too.
Mike <><

Phil Keaggy...I'd just love to watch!

Now  I want to work up "Lover come back to me".

I'm gonna refer to a combination of Chet Atkin's arrangement (in C....I likey), and an arragement I found in an old issue of AG (In F...no likey...gotta transpose!) My buddy Banjo Mike and I will have another song to butcher together!  :lol:

Also...for kicks, I was playin' Kenny Loggin's "Long Tail Cat" last night. Fun! I think I'll dig out the words and 'sing" next time.

I have been working on affirmation by George Benson.
Bill

QuoteI was told over at the Taylor Forum (www.taylorforum.com) that every acoustic guitarist should know how to play "Blackbird."  So that's what I'm currently working on. :D
I just got that one down myself.  How are you coming along with it?
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

"All Your Love", John Mayall and theb Bluesbreakers w/ Eric Clapton.
Not all that technical but fun.
Heck, I'm not all that technical. :(

Travis picking with a melody line. Currently "I'll Fly Away." Should be easy, but my fingers get confused. I can get alternating bass patterns down, and treble patterns, but I have trouble keeping it all together.

Deb :blink:  
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Deb, I sometimes play that song...(in G). I like using a repeating bass at the very first ...like: bass, strum....bass, strum....bass being low string on the G chord.  THEN, bass "run" transitioning to the C, and go to alot of alternating bass from then on. Just thought I'd share.

By the way....I went to school in Lander. Know where that is, right?

QuoteBy the way....I went to school in Lander. Know where that is, right?
Yep, but I've never been there. I keep lobbying for a trip to Thermopolis, but still haven't been there, either.

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Arpeggio "Time in a Bottle"...i'm having trouble with slash cords like Dm/C# and D/C# with my short fingers but i'm slowly getting the hang of it
poki

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Just finished a George Winston song and now I'm working on Travis by Bela Fleck