Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield on the Way  (Read 1744 times)
bakersfieldjazz

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:47:19 AM »

Looks like my Bakersfield has shipped from the factory and will soon be arriving at Adirondack Guitar. Thank you Mike with Larrivee support and Dennis at Adirondack Guitar. Ordered  the Mary Kay White with a mini humbucker plus I got a loaded pick guard. I ordered in Sept. it's been a long time, should be worth the wait.  bigrin
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »

It is indeed worth the wait - sorry you waited so long! (Hey, wait, I waited a while for mine, too!    rolleye )

Look forward to pics - I have a couple Mary Kay Ash Warmoth Strats that I LOVE:

[attachment deleted by admin]

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Hotrod40

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:06 AM »

Looks like my Bakersfield has shipped from the factory and will soon be arriving at Adirondack Guitar. Thank you Mike with Larrivee support and Dennis at Adirondack Guitar. Ordered  the Mary Kay White with a mini humbucker plus I got a loaded pick guard. I ordered in Sept. it's been a long time, should be worth the wait.  bigrin
Congrats....I ordered a Bakersfield the beggining of March... I also heard today it should be in next week....I will believe it when its in my grasp.
fritferret

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »

love the fine folks at adirondack!!  congrats on the new guitar.  i've got one at adirondack, too.  a copper bakersfield.
bakersfieldjazz

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:16:43 AM »

My Bakersfield should by Friday bigrin
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »

My Bakersfield should by Friday bigrin

I am jealous!  I cant wait until I get the shipping notice of my new Larrivee electric.  Enjoy your wonderful NGD, and make sure to post some pics (or some vids  ).

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
bakersfieldjazz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »

I have a tracking number from Fed Ex should del. by the 9th of May. The one problem I have with all my Guitars is that the fret board shrinks from the Colorado dry humidity, it stays in the teens on average all year, had my G&L ASAT fret ends filed twice so far. Maybe a sponge in a zip lock baggie? A cabinet made of wood and glass with a built in humidifier cost is crazy high, any suggestions? I'm is coming w/humbucker and a pickguard w/ single coil, please give your feedback comparsions on the two p/u's. Thanks sincerely, Geo. drool
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »

Keeping the guitar in the case with some kind of case humidifier will help. Over time, as you play the instrument and have it out more, it should acclimate to where you live.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Hotrod40

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »

Just wondering if anybody got there Bakersfield yet...Picked mine up today that I ordered in March...Pictures soon...Guitar looks great and not to sound like I'm complaining but was a little surprised when I opened the case and only a set of keys...no tags no case candy no thank you for choosing Larrivee....Guess Im just so used to Fender
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 02:25:32 AM »

Guess Im just so used to Fender
Bet you will soon forget there were no hangtags once you plug it in

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »

The 'thank you' or reward is not a piece of candy or a letter, it's the guitar.  Larrivee electrics are wonderful!
Hotrod40

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:37:58 AM »

Bet you will soon forget there were no hangtags once you plug it in
If it sounds like it looks....you may be right..
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »

Larrivee used to include a warranty card and a booklet that told you how to care for your guitar...also used to include a microfiber cloth with "Larrivee" embossed on it...

...did you also get a truss rod allen wrench? I got one with my Bakersfield (you don't need one with the RS-4/RS-2 "wheel adjustment" at the body end of the neck on those guitars). But, like you, that's all I got. Both my RS-4 and RS-2 came with a few picks in the case, but not the Bakersfield.

When I've gotten other stuff from Larrivee (like some different colored P-90 pickup covers for my RS-2), I also got an oval "Larrivee" sticker. Another time there was a little "Larrivee" pin in an envelope with an order.

Maybe it depends who packs your order - or maybe they're just not reordering some of these "Case Candy" things, and when they're gone, they're gone. Most of them are certainly an unneeded expense (that has to be included in the final cost to us, the customer). So I'm not too worried about it.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Hotrod40

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »

Larrivee used to include a warranty card and a booklet that told you how to care for your guitar...also used to include a microfiber cloth with "Larrivee" embossed on it...

...did you also get a truss rod allen wrench? I got one with my Bakersfield (you don't need one with the RS-4/RS-2 "wheel adjustment" at the body end of the neck on those guitars). But, like you, that's all I got. Both my RS-4 and RS-2 came with a few picks in the case, but not the Bakersfield.

When I've gotten other stuff from Larrivee (like some different colored P-90 pickup covers for my RS-2), I also got an oval "Larrivee" sticker. Another time there was a little "Larrivee" pin in an envelope with an order.

Maybe it depends who packs your order - or maybe they're just not reordering some of these "Case Candy" things, and when they're gone, they're gone. Most of them are certainly an unneeded expense (that has to be included in the final cost to us, the customer). So I'm not too worried about it.

I am not worried one bit I was just wondering...what was in the case was 2 keys for the case...just chargeing the batteries in the camera to take a couple shots.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »

All the Candy I need  blush

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Hotrod40

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 08:16:17 PM »

Very Very Nice
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

All the Candy I need  blush

Whats up with the neck colour on the middle one?  Is that just wear and tear (already ?!?!?! :) )  I love that worn-in maple look.

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: