Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield pickups  (Read 624 times)
venturahome

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:05:20 AM »

I'm thinking of getting a Bakersfield and I wonder if anyone has experience with the mini hum bucker vs. The two single coils in terms sound production capabilities. Thanks.
Mike

2007 Go Grande Travel guitar wide neck   
2007 Go Type II Parlor wide neck
1995 Hamer Slammer Tele
2012 Larrivee Bakersfield all-satin butterscotch
1997 Larrivee C-05 custom wide neck
2008 Larrivee SD-60 Brazilian
2008 Martin OM 21 Special custom wide neck
1998 Seagull S6 Folk
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »

Many years ago before it was cool I had a Gibson mini in the middle position of a tele with stock bridge and neck with a 5 way switch sounded nice once I figured out the right height so that it blended better.Though I haven't heard Matthews mini's,if there as good as his standard humbuckers the tonal responce will be very different then the standard tele neck pu.I've only had the pleasure of playing the standard tele pu's on the Bakersfield and was really impress with them.Maybe the next tele I assemble will get a Larrivee mini.I sure my responce won't help but I have always dislike humbuckers and Matthew's have changed my mind and if I had the dime I think I have to go with the mini.Of coarse non of my tele's have standard tele pu's in them.My main has EMG's a standard tele style neck and the 2 bridge pu's one in the middle.My other has a Kent Armstrong dog eared P90 in the neck and a Fralin SP {basically a P90 that looks like a tele pu} in the bridge with a Bigsby.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: