Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PARA compared to Gigpro looking for input and knowledge to help others  (Read 964 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

I need to add a couple of pre's to my live setup as each guitar needs seperate tonal shape's.So has anyone use both the gigpro and the PARA and what do you think of each capabilities for shaping tone.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »

I can only vouch for the Baggs Para DI.  I use it with both my Larrivee D10 and JCL for a variety of venues- weddings, restaurant gigs, and a worship band.  The tone shaping is excellent.  I don't want to change the great Larrivee acoustic sound.   I use a little less bass on the D10 and a little less treble on the JCL.  I run the Para to the soundboard at our church.  It is a pretty big church, and a large band-2 electrics, bass, my acoustic, 2 keyboards and drums.  The sound guy always says my signal is crystal clear.  In fact, I have to turn the gain down so it's not too hot.  A great DI.

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:44:18 AM »

I use the PARA now also.But due to the fact that no one stocks this stuff in town or they've insulted the local's to the point of "I wouldn't set foot in there parkinglot let alone the store",people are coming to me for info and no one really trust the posted reviews on the net.I can tell them all about the PARA and many other Baggs product and the K+K products and Baggs has said they would sell there product to me wholesale,I still need to talk to K+K as no one in town stocks them.SOOOOO since I trust you bunch of loon's and yor reviews I'm asking for wathever help you can give me.I've looked at picture in the catalog but not much detail and well even though I feel comfy with the sale's guy at Baggs he's still a saleman.I may even order up the Anthem SL as I have a guitar that I have yet to find a pu that does it justice so it never goes out unles I can play it thru a mic.
SOOOO heres everyone's chance for there 6 cents{Except the Canadian members as they no long have pennies so its just a nickle  }

I wait with  breath..........

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: