Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS-2 w/ P-90's vs Bakersfield w/ single coils ?  (Read 725 times)
WPete

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

Looking for opinions/owner experiences/thoughts ?  
I Love my RS-4 w/ HB's but could always try one more guitar - so thinking of getting a single coil equipped one and the new Bakersfield was a logical choice - but not many/any around online and very rare used.  
So I started wondering if an RS-2 - (new style) w/ 2 P-90's might be a better choice - w/ better control setup w/ individual tone/volume , premium wood - all hog, same ergo's as my RS-4 and a bit more choices online, since I have no Larrivee dealers, esp. electric ones anywhere nearby.

So question is would Bakersfield (Tele) with single coils give a different a sound vs. the RS-2 (LP) P-90's ?
Thanks -any help in justifying another Larrivee Guitar is appreciated.      

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:32:10 AM »

Different beast all together.BUT a P90ed guitar is a wonderful thing to have.....BUT you'll need to add the Bakersfield down the road anyway.

Right now I have a tele with 3 EMG pu,2 bridge pu one in the bridge and one in the middle plus a standard style tele in the neck.My other is also a tele with a Fralin SP which is a P90 in tele clothing in the bridge and a dog eared chrome Kent Armstrong in the neck so for me if I had money I'd have to get 2 Bakersfield one with the standard tele type pu's and the other with a mini humbucker in the neck.It just doesn't end because then I'd have to get an RS4 with mini's and one with hber's both in gold with Bigsby's.Someone help me I think I finally went over the edge as I' not even playing any electric guitar anymore at this time.

Each guitar has its own tone and usage.Me I think I'd ask Larrivee if the could make the RS4's with just one volumn and tone as I am a simple man when it come's to controls. wacko

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
scdreger

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »

That's tough. Sounds obvious, but you gotta go for the sound you most crave. That classic p90 sound or something akin to the best tele sounds around. You can't go wrong and you'll probably want the other too down the road. Good luck!

2009 Bourgeois Vintage D
2010 Santa Cruz 000-1929 Sunburst
2009 Martin OM-28V
2009 Larrivée RS-4 – Charcoal Burst
2008 Larrivee A-33 Mandolin
2010 Larrivée Forum IV #19
2009 Larrivée Forum III #72, Spruce/mahogany
2001 Larrivée DO3R

Ukes:
Collings UT1
Ko'olau T-1
KoAloha Super Concert
KoAloha Concert
KoAloha Soprano
Kanilea custom
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 03:33:50 AM »

Looking for opinions/owner experiences/thoughts ?  
I Love my RS-4 w/ HB's but could always try one more guitar - so thinking of getting a single coil equipped one and the new Bakersfield was a logical choice - but not many/any around online and very rare used.  
So I started wondering if an RS-2 - (new style) w/ 2 P-90's might be a better choice - w/ better control setup w/ individual tone/volume , premium wood - all hog, same ergo's as my RS-4 and a bit more choices online, since I have no Larrivee dealers, esp. electric ones anywhere nearby.

So question is would Bakersfield (Tele) with single coils give a different a sound vs. the RS-2 (LP) P-90's ?
Thanks -any help in justifying another Larrivee Guitar is appreciated.      

I have 2 RS4's, one with humbuckers, one with P90's.
The humbucking model is a much more complex sounding and superior instrument by far than the P90 RS4, if it wsn't for the fact that it's a Gold top with Bigsby, and there was only 2 made, I might have considered parting with it.
And almost did, for a new/used bakersfield, (mini humbucker in neck).

This is a classic apples and oranges, the Bakersfield is a breed unto itself, and comes nowhere near the depth of an RS4, so I keep both.
 I have a special telecaster, that I am very fond of as well, and frankly, I have been so spoiled by the RS4, I don't think I will be getting a Bakersfield any time soon.
Just my 2 cents....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: