Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some closeup pics of the "Lancaster" from Musikmesse 2012  (Read 1303 times)
Xcurrent

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »

See the attached link and scroll to the bottom.

http://chitarre.accordo.it/galleries/64106/musikmesse-2012-larrivee.html
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

That blue one looks sweet!  I wonder if that is some sort of upgraded configuration.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

They look great.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »

That blue one looks sweet!  I wonder if that is some sort of upgraded configuration.
The slanted humbucker at the bridge looks like it also has the Seymour Duncan switching system built into the bezel: gives you full humbucker or either half split, I think (maybe other options).

Still waiting to hear if these will be made in lefty ... I've been disappointed recently to learn that Carvin isn't making their new HH (headless Holdsworth) model for lefties ... main reason I can deduce is that the hardware (string headpiece) isn't available.

I'm hoping Larrivee will come through for us lefties on these.

One more observation: the more I look at these, the more I'm of the opinion that Larrivee should just use their traditional logo on the electrics as well as the acoustics. This new logo just looks too much like a forced "F****r" copy...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

One more observation: the more I look at these, the more I'm of the opinion that Larrivee should just use their traditional logo on the electrics as well as the acoustics. This new logo just looks too much like a forced "F****r" copy...

I agree and have said so many times in the past many months of discussion about the Bakersfield.  The copying of the Fender spaghetti script is something that would be expected from a knockoff from overseas, not a class act like Larrivée.

I think it puts a big pile of tackiness onto the headstock that just is not necessary. 

Examples:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/telecaster-discussion-forum/8919d1203228379-what-font-50s-fender-logo-seafoam-fowler-spillycaster-jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3IBtRyUlHju1viBgxaP6s0G_3i2eigLRWVJ0P9mFqvcsdSUEO2vtZaoeg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTAjCoXUL-Huw82MsXcRdX7zU_cgoqqjr5nvLJoCYtEjA6pYb8EwHFnAegKQ

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »

The slanted humbucker at the bridge looks like it also has the Seymour Duncan switching system built into the bezel: gives you full humbucker or either half split, I think (maybe other options).

Still waiting to hear if these will be made in lefty ... I've been disappointed recently to learn that Carvin isn't making their new HH (headless Holdsworth) model for lefties ... main reason I can deduce is that the hardware (string headpiece) isn't available.

I'm hoping Larrivee will come through for us lefties on these.

I agree on the logo, the standard one used on the RS guitars looks way better. 

As for the new electrics to be honest they don't do much for me personally,  and I'm a fan of the super strat style guitar, a lot will depend on the price point.

The blue one looks like it has a Duncan Triple Shot mounting / switching ring installed. They are used to allow parallel / series / phase switching without the use of extra mini switches or push /pull pots. I have them on a few guitars, on a lefty guitar they are installed with the mini switches nearest the high E string.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 01:48:12 AM »

As for the new electrics to be honest they don't do much for me personally,  and I'm a fan of the super strat style guitar, a lot will depend on the price point.

The blue one looks like it has a Duncan Triple Shot mounting / switching ring installed. They are used to allow parallel / series / phase switching without the use of extra mini switches or push /pull pots. I have them on a few guitars, on a lefty guitar they are installed with the mini switches nearest the high E string.

Yes, price will be important, of course ...

I sometimes wonder if Larrivee is even making any money on their electrics yet, since Matthew is winding the pickups in house, and there's R&D time, plus materials overhead involved in all that - hope they are starting to be "in the black"...

I'm getting to the point (in my old age ... hah!) where I'm not too crazy about split humbuckers. The tone on "some" bridge models when split is okay, but most of the neck ones sound kind of anemic to me split. I DO like the middle position with the neck on full bucker and the bridge split - that's usually a usable rhythm sound. But, quite frankly, most of the time now I'd just rather roll back the volume pot a little... especially on a guitar with 2V - 2T controls.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 01:49:55 AM »

I agree and have said so many times in the past many months of discussion about the Bakersfield.  The copying of the Fender spaghetti script is something that would be expected from a knockoff from overseas, not a class act like Larrivée.

I think it puts a big pile of tackiness onto the headstock that just is not necessary. 

Examples:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/telecaster-discussion-forum/8919d1203228379-what-font-50s-fender-logo-seafoam-fowler-spillycaster-jpg
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3IBtRyUlHju1viBgxaP6s0G_3i2eigLRWVJ0P9mFqvcsdSUEO2vtZaoeg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTAjCoXUL-Huw82MsXcRdX7zU_cgoqqjr5nvLJoCYtEjA6pYb8EwHFnAegKQ

I've never seen that Warmoth decal before, and I've been using Warmoth stuff for years ... doh ... I guess that's something a customer came up with, not the Warmoth folks, huh?   wacko

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: