Bakersfield Demos and/or reviews

Started by scdreger, March 30, 2012, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was surprised that I couldn't find any Bakersfield demos or reviews on Youtube, except the one Summer NAMM one from Premier Guitar that has been up forever. Very surprising. I am very tempted to grab one of these, as I always wanted a Tele or G&L. How many folks on the board here have one? Do you love it?
2009 Bourgeois Vintage D
2010 Santa Cruz 000-1929 Sunburst
2009 Martin OM-28V
2009 Larrivée RS-4 – Charcoal Burst
2008 Larrivee A-33 Mandolin
2010 Larrivée Forum IV #19
2009 Larrivée Forum III #72, Spruce/mahogany
2001 Larrivée DO3R

Ukes:
Collings UT1
Ko'olau T-1
KoAloha Super Concert
KoAloha Concert
KoAloha Soprano
Kanilea custom

I don't have one mostly because I don't have the money for one.I stopped playing Fender Tele's in 89 when I started assembling my own for a 1/3 the money.I have been playing that one since then and only added another I assembled when I decided to get into MIDI guitar work as I can't play keyboards.I'm a big fan of the G+L ASAT's but when I checked out the Bakersfield it was the first time I played a production tele that grabbed me by the hair and threw me to the floor.The neck feel and fingerboard was very much like and old friend.Not being a fan of contours I was suprized how right they got it.I was also suprized that I like the Duncan pu's as they are way down on my list for sounding good but the spank I was able to pull out of them was inspiring.I have played all sorts of Fender Tele's from vintage to custom shop and the Bakersfield felt like a vintage and I have never played a custom shop that I'd own.For that matter there are just 2 Fenders I really want an again no money.BUT if I had the money the 3 tele's I do want are a 56 and a 61 Fender and a Bakersfield not sure whether I'd go with a maple or a rosewood board but then again if I had the money I'd have one of each plus the 2 have have assembled myself.That would give me the perfect selections of tele's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

If someone wants to 'loan' me a Bakersfield, I'll gladly make a demo video :D

:humour:

Strange how long it's taking for reviews of this guitar to surface. Back on October 11, 2011 I asked the same question here:  (http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=38100.0). Got very few responses.

By December of last year, the waiting got to be too much  :crying: so I pulled the trigger on a Suhr S-4. Not a tele type, but I had actually been yearning for a strat style guitar. Had there been more commentary of a positive nature on the Bakersfield, I could have been persuaded to go with a tele style. But, alas, reviews and sound clips were almost non-existant, and the GAS became unbearable  :wacko:

I've had a great time with the Suhr, but it may wind up on the block when the Lancaster comes to town.
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)