Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Larrivee Electric  (Read 3190 times)
Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »

I guess that the "Larricaster" sounds a little to cheezy

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
bigbluesdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:45:04 AM »

I saw that video and I think its great that they are expanding the electric line to add one more style, seems they can grab hold of another group who like the strat style double cutaway, another fine job from the Larrivee family

Tom:

Peace and LONG LIVE THE BLUES...

2011 Larrivee Wildwood Custom Dv03re
1994 Fender Stratocaster
1964 Fender Duo Sonic ll
2009 Highland Royal Deluxe
Line 6 flextone original model
Mesa Maverick Dual Rectifier
Vox Pathfinder 15r
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »

Here in the mid-Atlantic, Lancaster makes you think of Amish people riding around in horse drawn buggies. Probably more suitable for an acoustic!

Being an east coaster I had to review a list of cities in California to come up with some ideas.

How about Imperial?

or Corona?

Sonoma?

Calistoga?...................

Well, I like Corona, but that is where the Fender Factory/Custom Shop is located.... hmmm... well, since we're talking about a copy of a Fender guitar maybe Corona might be a good one?.... Nah.

Sonoma is a good one, but that is up north. It seems they are grabbing from locations closer to their Ventura County location.

I wouldn't necessarily call Lancaster an "Armpit". It's just a remote desert town. It's in the Mojave Desert, which, if you have any kind of appreciation of desert fauna, is quite beautiful. It is right up against the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains and is actually very nice for an out of the way area. Back in the days when we used to do our riding, camping, Search & Rescue training it was known as being WAY out in the middle of nowhere. That really isn't the case anymore. Urban sprawl has seen to that. I am sure there are quite a few people who live there that think it is a great place to live.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily call Lancaster an "Armpit". It's just a remote desert town. It's in the Mojave Desert, which, if you have any kind of appreciation of desert fauna, is quite beautiful. It is right up against the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains and is actually very nice for an out of the way area. Back in the days when we used to do our riding, camping, Search & Rescue training it was known as being WAY out in the middle of nowhere. That really isn't the case anymore. Urban sprawl has seen to that. I am sure there are quite a few people who live there that think it is a great place to live.

If it's an out-of-the-way place without a lot of people, I'd love it...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »

I guess it makes sense, if you already have models based on the other iconic guitars, you may as well round it out with something from the Strat family.

I hope something along the lines of the Rickenbacker hollowbodies will come along next. Something vintage, and unique like that. Another Epiphone Dot, or Gibson ES-family clone would be rather ho-hum.
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 06:27:43 PM »

I guess it makes sense, if you already have models based on the other iconic guitars, you may as well round it out with something from the Strat family.

I hope something along the lines of the Rickenbacker hollowbodies will come along next. Something vintage, and unique like that. Another Epiphone Dot, or Gibson ES-family clone would be rather ho-hum.

Hmmmmmm....a Larrivee electric 12 string.......now you're talking.....
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »

Agreed - something unique.  They have the 'standards' covered, I would say now with the Lancaster.    I would love to see them do something like this Epiphone Nighthawk Custom:  http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Epiphone/Nighthawk-Custom-Reissue.aspx

Take note; a Gibby with a strat hard-tail like bridge (YAY!!!!) so that my picking hand isn't suspended up over the top of the guitar out in space.

3 distinctly different pickups, with coil tapping.

Scale length is nice

Weight is nice.

Price is nice.

Sound is really nice.

A Larrivee like this would be quite unique and would make me save up my money to buy one.  Doesn't have to be all carved top and fancy inlays.  Think RS2 for simplicity, but think this Nighthawk for variety of tone.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 07:29:03 PM »

Hmmmmmm....a Larrivee electric 12 string.......now you're talking.....

Exactly. I actually had Roger McGuinn's (sp?) intro to Turn, Turn, Turn playing in my head when I was writing my post! 
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:36 PM »

Exactly. I actually had Roger McGuinn's (sp?) intro to Turn, Turn, Turn playing in my head when I was writing my post! 

Have you ever tried a 'Janglebox'?  Some seriously compressed and EQ'ed stuff can turn nearly any chorused clean strat sound into 'Turn Turn Turn' pretty quickly.  Janglebox is a pedal that McGuinn was 'peddling' about 6 or 7  years ago.  I got a really close sound with my Strat and some plugins - I'll see if I can find it the sound demos I made.

Here's the janglebox sound clip website:  http://janglebox.com/jangle_clips.htm

I can't place my hands directly on the soundfiles I made as a demo.  I think they might be part of a Tracktion project I made back then and lost when a hard drive went south.  Easy enough to duplicate however since some of these demo clips have clean and effected sound.  I remember that it was actually pretty easy to get close to the ricky 12 string sound just using some EQ and fairly hard compression.  I'll try again.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 11:48:27 PM »

Have you ever tried a 'Janglebox'?  Some seriously compressed and EQ'ed stuff can turn nearly any chorused clean strat sound into 'Turn Turn Turn' pretty quickly.  Janglebox is a pedal that McGuinn was 'peddling' about 6 or 7  years ago.  I got a really close sound with my Strat and some plugins - I'll see if I can find it the sound demos I made.

Here's the janglebox sound clip website:  http://janglebox.com/jangle_clips.htm

I can't place my hands directly on the soundfiles I made as a demo.  I think they might be part of a Tracktion project I made back then and lost when a hard drive went south.  Easy enough to duplicate however since some of these demo clips have clean and effected sound.  I remember that it was actually pretty easy to get close to the ricky 12 string sound just using some EQ and fairly hard compression.  I'll try again.

That sounds pretty cool, but I'm an old school kinda guy. I'm pretty partial to the real thing. Especially when it comes to cool stuff like the old Rickenbackers! 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: