Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Larrivee Electric  (Read 3032 times)
Xcurrent

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2012, 02:17:33 PM »

Check out the tail end of the video from this years Musikmesse (end today )and you will see Larrivee's latest electric. Also like the high end LV72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JpF5Hkqm9I

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »

WOW!     nice guitar

Well ... Now we know it's a "super-strat" style guitar...

What's interesting is that there are several pickup configurations (I saw SSS, HSS, and HSH), but also, the blue one in the back had a 3+3 headstock with a Warmoth shape to it (and on 2nd look - a LOCKING NUT 8^O ), while the others had a "bakersfield" shaped headstock.  Jean said these also have swamp ash bodies...

...Jean said they call it a "Linecaster"? Couldn't quite hear what he said - whatever - they're very nice, and not a total strat shape, which I like.

I wonder how soon these will start hitting the stores...

...now I gotta decide on color ... I'm pretty sure I'll go with "traditional" (for a super-strat) HSS pickups. I wonder if that cool (Gotoh? Wilky?) trem is available in lefty? What's the locking trem? Floyd?

...Matthew? 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
bacchus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »

You know, there has been a lot of discussion around this new electric, all really good points of view IMO, but I really think that this is a sweet looking guitar.  It may be  "another strat" as was mentioned in other threads, but I really think this one has some nice unique character to it, a definitively modern vibe.  I especially like the 3+3 headstock version.  I am excited to hear this bad boy in action.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18
Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »

It's a nod to the electrics of the eighties... very nice!

also, that new JCL line of acoustics looks great.

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »

Great video.
LeftyBlake

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »

If it is available as a hard tail, I'd be interested in the Lancaster. Looks great! And +1 for the multiple pickup configs. 
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »

Well, that explains that then, eh? Super Strats ... sort of. What really caught my eye, tho', was the Oval Hole F Mandolin. Yeah I know, wrong forum. But it's so friggin' cool! Then again, I'm still sorta on the Bakersfield hunt, myself.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »

I'm not gonna call that a strat.  I seems about as much a strat as an RG would be.  Good job keepin it real!
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »

If it is available as a hard tail, I'd be interested in the Lancaster. Looks great! And +1 for the multiple pickup configs. 

Your ears are better than mine ("Linecaster" ... hah!  rolleye ). That makes a lot more sense.

Another pickup configuration that would be great on these would be P-90/single/single! I'll take a white one w/black pup covers!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 12:16:31 AM »

Those Lancasters look very appealing!!!!

And how about that LV72. Man there was something of quality for everyone for sure.

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »

Super Strat...  

What was that Blue one at the end of the wall, next to the "Super" Strat' ( )? It looked to have a different headstock on it...

I thought it was a PRS there for a second, before my senses came back to me.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

What was that Blue one at the end of the wall, next to the "Super" Strat' ( )? It looked to have a different headstock on it...

I thought it was a PRS there for a second, before my senses came back to me.

I mentioned that above - the one with the 3+3 headstock also has a locking nut and trem on it (someone suggested above that it's a Kahler?).

I also note that on these guitars, the single coil's pup covers are all black; on Larrivee's fb page, the blue guitar pictured has white pup covers...

...also, I find it interesting that Jean says "currently we make about six different (electric) models..." I wonder how he counts and distinguishes them? I count four: RS-4, RS-2, Bakersfield, and now Lancaster...

...and some of those Lancaster fingerboards look like ebony rather than rosewood...another "80's sort of detail...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Ryank4545

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 04:44:48 AM »

I've been a Larrivee acoustic guy for a while now but I think their electrics are really taking off.   I like how they've named all of their electrics after cities in California, since they make them there, a nice touch.
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

Is it really, officially called the Lancaster? Who woulda thunk the places my friends, and I grew up viewing as podunk-ville would end up having nice instruments named after them?

The other cities names are okay. I mean, Greater Monterey can be classified as God's Country. 17-mile drive is a national gem. Cannery Row, Pebble Beach GC, etc. Ventura is pretty close in natural beauty, along the Coast anyway. Bakersfield the next step up from a hole-in-the-wall, but has pretty heavy duty musical heritage.

Greater Lancaster is one of the areas we would do our off-road outings when I was a kid. It's also more of a hole-in-the-wall than Bakersfield, and really, the only claim to fame it might have is it was where the "Right Stuff" guys hung out when they were doing all of the groundbreaking aeronautical stuff at Edwards AFB. Chuck Yeager, and all the early astronauts. That's significant enough, but there was a road house in that general area that they hung out at to blow off steam. Other than that... ???
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

Nothing official as yet that I am aware of BUT it is what JCL calls it in the Video referenced above

A fitting name given the Calif. city theme they got goin on for naming electrics and even without the city reference kind of sounds appropriate for some reason to me for a Larrivee Electric

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »

Is it really, officially called the Lancaster? Who woulda thunk the places my friends, and I grew up viewing as podunk-ville would end up having nice instruments named after them?

The other cities names are okay. I mean, Greater Monterey can be classified as God's Country. 17-mile drive is a national gem. Cannery Row, Pebble Beach GC, etc. Ventura is pretty close in natural beauty, along the Coast anyway. Bakersfield the next step up from a hole-in-the-wall, but has pretty heavy duty musical heritage.

Greater Lancaster is one of the areas we would do our off-road outings when I was a kid. It's also more of a hole-in-the-wall than Bakersfield, and really, the only claim to fame it might have is it was where the "Right Stuff" guys hung out when they were doing all of the groundbreaking aeronautical stuff at Edwards AFB. Chuck Yeager, and all the early astronauts. That's significant enough, but there was a road house in that general area that they hung out at to blow off steam. Other than that... ???

Well, Bakersfield was home to many "tele" legends, like Buck and Merle.  But I agree...Lancaster is sort of the armpit of our state.
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 04:01:13 AM »

Here in the mid-Atlantic, Lancaster makes you think of Amish people riding around in horse drawn buggies. Probably more suitable for an acoustic!

Being an east coaster I had to review a list of cities in California to come up with some ideas.

How about Imperial?

or Corona?

Sonoma?

Calistoga?...................

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:15:22 AM »

It's a good name in Canada especially in SASKATCHEWAN.

[attachment deleted by admin]

L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »

I'm thinking the "caster" part of Lancaster had something to do with the name choice.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

robwms

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

I'm thinking the "caster" part of Lancaster had something to do with the name choice.

Right, but would you want your product associated with "the armpit of the state?" (not my words! I've never been there.) (Here's a shout out to all the fine folks that live in Lancaster.  )

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: