Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishman pu update  (Read 483 times)
nuncle

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »

A few months ago I asked a question about the advisability of getting a Fishman active single-coil rare-earth sound-hole pu for my L-03R.  Got lots of good advice--thanks to all.  Anyway, I went ahead and took the plunge.  Here's my report.  

Plus:
1.  Good sound, warm, organic.
2. Loud.

Negative:
1.  No controls (vol, tone, etc) on the pu itself.
2.  No quick-release to detach the pu itself from the endpin jack.  Removing the pu requires dismantling the entire pu assembly.

Conclusion:
Very good sound and tone at a reasonable price, even though shaping tone or adjusting  volume must be done at the amp or pa--at least as far as I can figure.  Not being able to easily detach the pu is a drawback.  I bought the pu mainly for playing out, but at home I rarely have need of it.   Would be nice (convenient) to just simply unclip it.

That being said, I'm happy with the pu, particularly at the price, and it sounds sweet and warm through my amp  (Peavey Ecoustic 112).  

Larrivee L-03R,  Recording King RD-03, Simon & Patrck Woodland Pro Folk, Martin OOCXAE, Gib. LP Jr, Gib Melody Maker Special, Fender (mim) 69 Tele Thinline
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: