Pages: 1 ... 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FORUM VI Thread - Hop on board! - FAILED  (Read 38770 times)
CJ

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »

... It's more 'sad' sounding, which to me, is where I like to be.   Def a warm instrument.  I guess the more surprising thing is how it turns into a lively monster when you beat it around with a pick - she gets downright nasty! 

So the box of socks it's stuffed with ... do they fit? Any argyles?

Glad you like it, Phil. I'm still smiling over our PM exhange about that guitar - so funny we had both zeroed in on the same Plan B guitar ... I'll be checking out another guitar in late June when I visit my dad out Seattle way. If that doesn't work out, then Plan B trip to the Podium, Elderly, Wildwood will be later in the summer.

Looking forward to the sound samples!

Jack

jwalker

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

I hope I am not to late to get in on this, I think I would go with a spruce top option, as I have a all hog cutaway parlor. So, will someone PM me about getting one of these. I have been looking for a good full scale OO cutaway for quite some time.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

I hope I am not to late to get in on this,

Yep we shot a blank on this one Friend, fell short of the Minimum Guitar To Order.

What do you think Friends should we lock this thread up

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
jwalker

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2012, 04:19:54 PM »

What a bummer. I am always a day late and a dollar short. I would still love to have a full scale Larrivee OO cutaway. I love my all hog Larrivee parlor cutaway, so a OO should give me a little more sound/tone without sacrificing the comfort zone of the parlor.
Anders451

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2013, 05:45:30 PM »

Sorry for the bump.
But are there any thoughts of taking up this again anytime soon?

04' Larrivée L-09 Collectors Edition 26 of 50
90s' Yamaha Classical

Q: How many guitars does a man need?
A: One more.

I'm from Sweden. The home of Levin, Hagström & Sundberg Guitars.
We also ride polarbears to work on a daily basis. Yes, it's true.
CJ

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

Sorry for the bump.
But are there any thoughts of taking up this again anytime soon?

Not that I have heard.

Phil who kicked off the Forum VI, bought a custom Martin all mahogany 00. I bought a Larrivee 00-50MT. And I think a few of the other guys who were on board with it jumped on used Forum IV's or similar. So while there might be renewed interest from a few members, others of us have moved on ... doubtful the minimum number of 12 could be reached. Especially since Larrivee has been producing a number of special all mahogany guitars since the demise of the Forum VI ... check their Facebook page for some nice all-mahogany eye-candy.

https://www.facebook.com/LarriveeGuitars

iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »

I got a Martin 0-15S All Mahogany

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
Alexrkstr

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2013, 01:19:19 AM »

If it helps, keep me posted or on the distribution for the next forum guitar... perhaps keeping a list of interested folks might help?
jox51

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2013, 02:47:02 PM »

any thoughts on getting this going again?
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

perhaps with a pyramid bridge and slotted headstock?

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »

perhaps with a pyramid bridge and slotted headstock?

In the past these two items were put on the table for possible options on previous forum guitars.   Unfortunately the increased cost, especially for the slotted headstock, resulted in a price tag that was just too high for most members who wanted to participate.   Like most people I do like those features but the idea of a "forum guitar" revolves around participation by at least a dozen members who can all agree on a style and appointments.    The Forum III had the widest variety of options available:  cutaway, herringbone rosette and purfling, three different wood combinations to name a few.   But the slotted headstock pushed the price above the level that a majority of members were willing to pay for a basic LS-03 guitar.  So the standard headstock has been the norm for all forum guitars thus far.
CJ

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »

What do you think Friends should we lock this thread up

Yes.

No point exhuming this thread every few months. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r0yXqU-w9U0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2013, 05:35:59 PM »

Yes.

No point exhuming this thread every few months. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r0yXqU-w9U0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree thread locked. Anyone interested in Forum VI can start a new thread - amended title to show failure of completion

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: