Official FORUM VI Thread - Hop on board! - FAILED

Started by PM33AUD, March 14, 2012, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Since I'm not able to PM you for some reason, would you please PM me with the price.

Thanks!

ejko

Quote from: Frasier1 on March 15, 2012, 05:28:35 PM
Can someone PM me the price on this?

Again,  Maple Fretboard binding?  I'm not sure I've ever seen this on a Larrivee - and if anybody has one it would be Walkerman!!

Thanks.

You heard it here first folks: MAPLE FRETBOARD BINDING :D

Quote from: ejko on March 15, 2012, 07:32:36 PM
Since I'm not able to PM you for some reason, would you please PM me with the price.

Thanks!

ejko

Sent you a PM.  Get your posts up; I heard folks will take donuts!

Thanks for clearing up the PM issue!  Will the nut and saddle be bone or Tusq?  :bgrin:

Quote from: PM33AUD on March 15, 2012, 08:34:54 PM

This will give you an idea of just how good that looks compared to ivoroid binding........

Quote from: PM33AUD on March 15, 2012, 08:34:54 PM

Wow!  I haven't seen one until that pic posted....Nice  :+1:

"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"

Quote from: Walkerman on March 16, 2012, 07:19:33 AM
This will give you an idea of just how good that looks compared to ivoroid binding........

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well, that confirms maple binding is SPECTACULAR!  Thanks!

Hi Phil
As I have less than 10 post, can you PM me instead and do you ship internationally. :blush:

Hello folks!

I've had a ton of inquiries regarding the pricing but remember to PM me if you are 'in'.  I want to make sure the tally is correct as we go along.  This number will also control how long we wait before we start taking in orders.

Phil

This is going to be a very special guitar at a special price!

As I sold my Forum IV (to another forum member), I'm planning to jump on this one. The tough decision is hog or spruce top!? My heart says hog, but my head is over-thinking it and going to spruce...

This may cure my gas for a C-09...and I may "settle for" a standard L-09 someday (much easier and cheaper to pick up used, especially as a lefty...).

Decisions...  :wacko:  but this will put my "Larrivee universe" back in balance with three acoustics to match my (current...) three electrics...  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

My apologies everyone, but I sadly have to drop out of the Forum VI guitar.
Right now I'll sell almost any guitar I have to meet some unexpected expenses... 8=[

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 17, 2012, 01:12:18 PM
This is going to be a very special guitar at a special price!

As I sold my Forum IV (to another forum member), I'm planning to jump on this one. The tough decision is hog or spruce top!? My heart says hog, but my head is over-thinking it and going to spruce...

This may cure my gas for a C-09...and I may "settle for" a standard L-09 someday (much easier and cheaper to pick up used, especially as a lefty...).

Decisions...  :wacko:  but this will put my "Larrivee universe" back in balance with three acoustics to match my (current...) three electrics...  :thumb

I can't wait for this to get going as well.  Right now, I've sold my other acoustics except a classical and am really antsy!

I'm in 100% on the hog top.  Every acoustic I've had, even the Baby Taylor, I always like the mahogany tops better.  Also, I haven't seen an OO hog top cutaway... maybe there's one out there but it's rare.

Quote from: Walkerman on March 16, 2012, 07:19:33 AM

:crying: That's the binding I wanted when we were "configuring" the Forum V.  :crying:
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on March 17, 2012, 11:56:04 PM
:crying: That's the binding I wanted when we were "configuring" the Forum V.  :crying:

I don't remember that... I'd've gone for that even with an upcharge :D  Ivoroid is very nice too.  I wonder if it will age in colour like any good plastic should.

I am glad Larrivee agreed to it on the Forum VI.  Subtle difference but I think will look quite nice.

Phil

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on March 17, 2012, 11:56:04 PM

Quote from: PM33AUD on March 18, 2012, 12:15:45 AM
I don't remember that... I'd've gone for that even with an upcharge :D  Ivoroid is very nice too.  I wonder if it will age in colour like any good plastic should.

I am glad Larrivee agreed to it on the Forum VI.  Subtle difference but I think will look quite nice.

Phil

Initially, I had proposed the Forum V have all body and neck bindings and all inlays in contrasting wood  instead of the ivoroid and abalone.  I had also proposed a flamed maple headstock overlay (to match the body) with dark wood inlays instead of the pearl.   It wasn't the preference of the majority and/ or Larrivee, I can't remember which.  Ce'st la vie, majority rules.  I'm fine with what was finally decided.

I would imagine the maple binding will age (darken to a nice amber over time), like a vintage fender neck??

These are going to be very special guitars.  I am still on the fence because I have another guitar being shipped to my house at this very moment.  Not sure I can convince the wife I need two new guitars, but I will give it a go.

My F-3 all hog is such a fantastic guitar, that I know these will be in the same league. AND, my F-3 needs a friend.
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on March 18, 2012, 12:44:46 AM

Initially, I had proposed the Forum V have all body and neck bindings and all inlays in contrasting wood  instead of the ivoroid and abalone.  I had also proposed a flamed maple headstock overlay (to match the body) with dark wood inlays instead of the pearl.

Wow...I'll bet that would have looked nice......maple headstock and koa binding on body and fretboard....

Thanks Phil for getting this project going. Now to choose what top I would like. man I hate choices. lol

Quote from: Walkerman on March 18, 2012, 08:37:14 AM
Wow...I'll bet that would have looked nice......maple headstock and koa binding on body and fretboard....

YUP.  Oh well.