Official FORUM VI Thread - Hop on board! - FAILED

Started by PM33AUD, March 14, 2012, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello!

The votes are in and "Configuration 3" from the vote thread is the winner by a landslide.  We are nearing completion and hashing out the final details for this to go but I first need commits from folks interested in the following FORUM VI guitar:

Forum VI STANDARD CONFIGURATION:
00v-03 MT guitar - all mahogany (unless spruce option below), Satin Finish
Venetian Cutaway
25.5" Scale Length
"12 Fret" (where the body meets neck)
Standard 03 appointments with:
Herringbone Rosette
Backstrip
Figured Maple Body Binding AND Fretboard Binding
Ebony Headstock Overlay, Pearl Larrivee Logo, Silver Border
Ebony Fretboard
Microdot inlays (starting at 3rd fret - I believe this is standard)
1 3/4" nut
Mahogany 1pc Neck
No Pickgaurd
"Forum VI" tag

OPTIONS:
Herringbone Purfling (tentative)
Spruce Top
Non-Cutaway

After much deliberation, I've added the spruce top as an option, as recommended by our dealer.  I think it better to ensure we have the numbers and this is one possible way to ensure that.  So if you were itching for spruce, there ya go!

So if you are interested in going forward, please shoot me a PM stating such. You should be very near 100% on the commitment and be able to make the purchase once we start opening up for deposit.  We will setup the deposits and ordering once we have the full count... so, again, it's very important you PM that you're in.

Let's see those PMs!

UPDATE: 3.15.11:
I have received final pricing for the instrument.  Please PM me for details.  I will not assume an inquiry for pricing is a commit on your end (for that, please send a separate PM).

UPDATE: 5.4.12:
We are allowing a non-cutaway option for the FVI!

Thanks,
Phil

You can get an FVI with a spruce top? 

Phil, my hat's off to you for getting this thing off the ground!  We can always use another Forum guitar.   

Quote from: Denis on March 14, 2012, 08:19:48 PM
You can get an FVI with a spruce top?  

Phil, my hat's off to you for getting this thing off the ground!  We can always use another Forum guitar.  

Denis, I had a dream.  In the dream I was playing my beautiful Forum VI mahogany top in a duet with God who was playing a Forum VI spruce top.  So after all of my fussing, we're going to have a spruce top option for the Forum VI after all.  If it's good enough for an immortal it's fine by me!

(The new Larrivee spruce tree video didn't hurt either)
:roll

I'm sure they'll both be great guitars.  I'm looking forward to drooling over the build even though I won't be joining you.    :cheers

GREAT on the spruce top option!  Looks like I'll have another 00 on the way. :guitar 

What are the prices set at?

Oh, and thanks for getting it together so quickly.
Play it daily for best results.

thanks for the effort......I am thinking spruce. :cheers
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Prestige Eclipse

Woohoo!

Fantastic that you can include the spruce top option. Not sure yet whuch appeals to me most...

PM sent. Make mine a hog top.

Would like to see some pics of a hog top with herringbone to help with making that decision ...

Thanks for doing this!

Jack

How many orders are needed to make it happen?

When I got the Forum IV, it had Grover Butterbeans put on by Jim H at Trinity Guitars, who handled the orders.  Would such a thing be possible by Jason at Notable Guitars? 

Some pics I found scouring the web for herringbone purf on spruce n hog-top (btw, the hog examples were hard as heck to find!):

scroll about half way down... some real good shots:
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24009.1180
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25099.1220
and on spruce:
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=23910.0

Some of these are non-Larrivee instruments (if anyone's got more Larrivee herringbone purfling example on HOG, post em up, please!)

Final price will be available once we hear back from Larrivee and are ready to accept deposits.

RE: the tuners, I'd shoot Jason an email and see if this is something his shop would do.  We have time, though  :cheers

I generally find that folks get more interested once a price point is established...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Here is a link to the pictures of the F-III build to give you an idea of what to expect.  There are some pictures of Hog tops with herringbone purfling at different stages of build included.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hi Phil

Is pyramid bridge an option or standard?

Thanks.

-Paul
"Larrivee, I'm lovin' it!"

Quote from: maLavvo on March 15, 2012, 01:40:30 PM
Hi Phil

Is pyramid bridge an option or standard?

Thanks.

-Paul

It will be the standard bridge for this run.

Quote from: Dotneck on March 15, 2012, 12:34:41 PM
I generally find that folks get more interested once a price point is established...

I cannot post the price here, however, I just received final pricing from our dealer.  You will have to PM me for pricing!

Thanks!
Phil

Are you sure the fretboard is going to be bound in maple, and not ivoroid?

Quote from: Walkerman on March 15, 2012, 02:18:17 PM
Are you sure the fretboard is going to be bound in maple, and not ivoroid?

Maple to match the body binding!

Phil

Yikes!  How much did the cutaway add to the price, anyway?

Gotta think this through...

Can someone PM me the price on this?

Again,  Maple Fretboard binding?  I'm not sure I've ever seen this on a Larrivee - and if anybody has one it would be Walkerman!!

Thanks.