Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tease of something "electrifying" on Facebook  (Read 8547 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 08:18:08 PM »

Well, the P-90s ARE single coil pickups, too. So it's not a stretch for Matthew to make other styles of single coils...

...I don't think PICKUPS are what Larrivee was/is talking about on their facebook page, though...just guessin' (!)  whistling

Oops ... okay, now I've seen the pic Matthew posted on facebook a couple hours ago. Could be a "strat-style" w/o pickguard, as someone suggested above ("super-strat"). Looks interesting, especially if it has a decent trem and a bucker in the bridge - that's one strat set-up I don't have (HSS).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

Come to think of it, I really don't have any 6 string 'shredder' guitars HMMMMMMM...

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

Curious that they are going with "traditional" style guitars, (Tele and speculative strat), haven't they already been down this road in the eighties?
I concur with the idea of a semi acoustic though.....just saying'.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

WooHoo!!!! I was wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it. And be happy about it. Got a name for it, yet?
So far there's

Monterey
Bakersfield
Ventura

Maybe they'll call it the "Oxnard"  
Maybe "La Puente" or the "Menlo Park"

On second thought, maybe not.  Any other guesses.......?
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »

Pt. Hueneme?

El Segundo?

Solvang?

I know!...

... Santa Barbara!

With a nice, corinthian leather pick guard!

The Pismo would actually be kinda cool. Only because Pismo IS a cool place, but I guess there are too many ways to make fun of that one...

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 03:54:09 AM »

So far there's

Monterey
Bakersfield
Ventura

On second thought, maybe not.  Any other guesses.......?

The Fillmore ... the Woodstock ... Would they dare call it the Fullerton (or does G&L have that one locked up)? Could they get away with The Tavares...?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 04:36:09 AM »

Why are they doing this to us?  They obviously have it finished and electronics installed.  Far as I can tell it just needs strings !  UGH!

gotpics?
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 06:56:14 AM »

Curious that they are going with "traditional" style guitars, (Tele and speculative strat), haven't they already been down this road in the eighties?
I concur with the idea of a semi acoustic though.....just saying'.

I don't think they've really been down this traditional style road before as you suggest, but I could be completely wrong.  My knowledge about that period is very limited.  From what I know about their 80's electrics, which isn't a lot and mostly from pictures, they were not so much "traditional" style guitars.  My impression is they had mostly  modern or in-vogue bodies (for the eighty's, at least).  So they had sharp angles and pointy "horns" so to speak, not?

A strat-style to compliment the other recent ones would be nice.  No doubt it would be a top value guitar.  But there are just so many strat clones out there already.   So I wonder about that.  Hey, maybe there's a new twist or inovation on the prototype that hasn't been fully explored yet.  If there is, Larrivee could implement it as well as or better than any maker I can think of. 

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »

The Bakersfield made sense as a follow up, "working man's guitar" after the SD35 they built for Seymour Duncan.

A strat "clone" doesn't make as much sense, but since the pic on the facebook page showed a pickup screwed into the top wood - with NO pickguard - it doesn't look like a straight Strat clone.

The color throws me off, too. I know Larrivee does a few solid colors on these electrics, but I'm so used to my three that all have natural wood color showing through the tops...

Whatever it is, it will be awesome! So it's all good!  bowdown

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 04:02:40 AM »

Maybe they are putting a an 80's style super strat.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »

Doesn't anybody remember the strat body that was 'accidentally' shown in someone's tour of getting a Bakersfield made?  That was posted probably 4 months ago.

I will probably go down-market on my next electric.  I've been eyeing an Epiphone Nighthawk Custom since getting to play one a couple weeks ago.  What a nice all-around electric guitar with tons of tonal variety from Strat to LP.  AND no doggoned tune-o-matic bridge.  AND light.  Anyone want to buy a MIM Fat Strat?

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »

So far there's

Monterey
Bakersfield
Ventura

On second thought, maybe not.  Any other guesses.......?
maybe
Carlsbad
Fresno
Modesto
Ontario
Pomona
Stockton

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
fritferret

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »

i wonder if they're re-releasing their double cutaway guitars from the 80's.  i think one w/ a fixed bridge would be great.  ...also, a different headstock.

tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2012, 06:40:51 PM »

Yes. With the same attention to history and detail that I put in the Humbucker.

On questioning who was making the pickups, Matt replied above. This would lead me to believe it's going to be more traditional than a Super Strat. Something to compliment the Bakersfield. Then again ... I was wrong about whether Matt was winding the single coils or not. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:59 PM »

The color throws me off, too. I know Larrivee does a few solid colors on these electrics, but I'm so used to my three that all have natural wood color showing through the tops...

Oddly for me when I think of a strat it's never classic" sunburst it's always painted wacko

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 02:09:52 AM »

A strat-style to compliment the other recent ones would be nice.  No doubt it would be a top value guitar.  But there are just so many strat clones out there already.   So I wonder about that.  Hey, maybe there's a new twist or inovation on the prototype that hasn't been fully explored yet.  If there is, Larrivee could implement it as well as or better than any maker I can think of. 

I agree with this 100%.  The emphasized text is all too true.  But it will satisfy the jones of certain current Larrivee owners that pine for a strat, but will pay quite a bit extra to have a Larrivee version.  I just wish they could draw in new customers.

I wonder if they've done any customer queries on what the conquest percentage is for the Bakersfield - that is, what percentage of the purchasers of the Bakersfield are new to Larrivee.  My guess is that it's rather low.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 03:48:28 PM »

A Strat, is a Strat, is a Strat...ad nauseum.

If it were more of a hybrid, like a PRS, with a set neck and little bit lighter body.... I MAY have to own one!

I can't quite see in the pic if that is a bolt-on, or set neck. Maybe someone with better eyes can tell?
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »

A Strat, is a Strat, is a Strat...ad nauseum.

If it were more of a hybrid, like a PRS, with a set neck and little bit lighter body.... I MAY have to own one!

I can't quite see in the pic if that is a bolt-on, or set neck. Maybe someone with better eyes can tell?
The line around the fingerboard makes it look like it's a bolt-on ... but I could be wrong...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »

I agree with this 100%.  The emphasized text is all too true.  But it will satisfy the jones of certain current Larrivee owners that pine for a strat, but will pay quite a bit extra to have a Larrivee version.  I just wish they could draw in new customers.

I wonder if they've done any customer queries on what the conquest percentage is for the Bakersfield - that is, what percentage of the purchasers of the Bakersfield are new to Larrivee.  My guess is that it's rather low.

Matthew told me the Bakersfields are selling beyong their wildest expectations.
PM33AUD

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »

That is very good news.  I hope their electrics take off.  As we all know, the RS4 is way too far under the radar to make me comfortable :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: