Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F33 Fret wear  (Read 1691 times)
RDG47

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »

Hi,
I have an F33 Larivee mando and just love it. the other day I noticed that I have fret wear already on the first 5 frets. I bought it new a year ago and it only has approx. 70 hrs playing time on it. Is this normal? I would have thought I wouldn't see this for at least a few years.

Ron
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

It really depends on how hard your pressing down on the strings.Remember all you have to is crest the fret any more then that and you will create dibits in the frets.Bring it to your favorite tech/luthier and have a fret dressing and recrown done and lighten up on your grip.Don't want to sound nasty with this and its meant to insult as many players do it.With a lighter grip you'll also notice that you will be playing cleaner and better.While its there have it set up so you don't have to work so hard it will become more fun to play.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
CZERO9RW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »

Hi,
I have an F33 Larivee mando and just love it. the other day I noticed that I have fret wear already on the first 5 frets. I bought it new a year ago and it only has approx. 70 hrs playing time on it. Is this normal? I would have thought I wouldn't see this for at least a few years.

Ron

Hi Ron,

This is pretty normal. Especially on frets 3,4, and 5. I wouldn't worry about it all that much. When if begins to effect the intonation is when you will need them crowned, or replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: