Your favorite time of the day to play guitar...

Started by LarriDave, February 21, 2012, 08:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Any friggen chance I get! haha
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

New guy here....coffee and donuts for all... :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
:coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee...I hope that's enough....my second posting ..so I'm still trying to get a hang on the number...

I haven't had much time lately to sit and practice and play my Larrivee. But when I used to be regular with it, I would get up at about 4:30 am and do about an hour's worth. Sometimes, in the evening, I would sit for about another hour or so to work on some new chord changes or right hand fingerings with the TV and some sports going on. Either time the children would usually be in bed and the house was quiet. As bad as I play, my wife has told me a couple of times that she could hear me in the basement or in another room practicing and the sound of the guitar would help her back to sleep. I'm trying to take that as a compliment. Or is my song selection that boring....hhhmmmmmmmm.

The early mornings are good because I'm usually fresh and rested. The evenings are tougher for the opposite reason, plus my head is sometimes not in it because of work from earlier in the day, and household stuff that came up during dinner....etc....

I'm sure that I'm not alone here....

Quote from: old beginner on March 15, 2012, 01:18:42 PM
New guy here....coffee and donuts for all... :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee
:coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee...I hope that's enough....my second posting ..so I'm still trying to get a hang on the number...

I haven't had much time lately to sit and practice and play my Larrivee. But when I used to be regular with it, I would get up at about 4:30 am and do about an hour's worth. Sometimes, in the evening, I would sit for about another hour or so to work on some new chord changes or right hand fingerings with the TV and some  :welcome:sports going on. Either time the children would usually be in bed and the house was quiet. As bad as I play, my wife has told me a couple of times that she could hear me in the basement or in another room practicing and the sound of the guitar would help her back to sleep. I'm trying to take that as a compliment. Or is my song selection that boring....hhhmmmmmmmm.

The early mornings are good because I'm usually fresh and rested. The evenings are tougher for the opposite reason, plus my head is sometimes not in it because of work from earlier in the day, and household stuff that came up during dinner....etc....

I'm sure that I'm not alone here....
:welcome:  to the funny farm and yes you are not alone here.  :whistling:

Thank you for the welcome, Dan ...and  :wave back!!!

Quote from: OutWithTheBlue on March 11, 2012, 08:00:11 AM
Any friggen chance I get! haha

You are so right! Especially with such a busy work/travel schedule.

Quote from: Dru Edwards on March 18, 2012, 03:58:58 PM
You are so right! Especially with such a busy work/travel schedule.

EXACTLY!
04' Larrivee OM-03MT Forum I #9 of 17
08' Larrivee L-03R(E; Baggs)
09' Larrivee OO-03 Special Edition
00' Larrivee D-02
09' Baden A-Style Hog/Cedar
07' Breedlove Concert Maple
LTD ESP F-250
Ibanez S7420
QuoteAnyone's Everything.

I like to take a bit of time before I go to bed...the house is quiet, and it seems like my fingers are more nimble or relaxed after all the stuff that goes on during the day. If any good musical ideas are gonna pop into my head, that's usually the time.

Quote from: psr-740 on February 25, 2012, 06:54:24 AM
My guitar is in the living room, on a stand and ready to use. every time I see it am tempted to take it in my hand...
If I have the time , I grab it even for few moments  :nana_guitar
Me too, but it's usually just after I get home in the afternoon.
Larrivee OMV-09e, Martin O-18, Martin OO-DB, Martin LXM, Parker Fly Deluxe, Kurzweil PC3, lotsa harmonicas

I am sure this has been said.

Whenever I can.  With three girls in high school 3 years in a row I cherish the time I get when I can play my guitar.
Larrivee OM-03 MQ