Any Tele lovers out there?

Started by HAMFIST, February 12, 2012, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ah Page played a tele,alot.

And the best part about being a tele player is the guitar make's you a better player because its so unforgiving.As for output all the standard tele's I've played at pickup ohmage at around 7ohms,the best toned humbucker's also had about the same output the difference being single coil low impedance v's humbucker high impedance or in the case of P90's single coil high impedance.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I bought a 1973 Tele yesterday!! Woohoo! It's on it's way as I type.  Blonde orignal finish over ash body.. Maple neck of course ...  I have .jpgs but can't figure out how to post em without sending them to an image hosting site...

Can't wait..

bc

Also, Had the K&K pci up installed last week in my LO3R, really nice!! Sounds great with my Fishman Loudbox performer....

Quote from: Switch on February 24, 2012, 08:11:25 AM
I bought a 1973 Tele yesterday!! Woohoo! It's on it's way as I type.  Blonde orignal finish over ash body.. Maple neck of course ...  I have .jpgs but can't figure out how to post em without sending them to an image hosting site...

Can't wait..

bc

Also, Had the K&K pci up installed last week in my LO3R, really nice!! Sounds great with my Fishman Loudbox performer....

Double congrats. Yeah -- you pretty much have to post the image somewhere and embed a link here. I tend to use Facebook ... just mark that photo as being available to the public and copy the location.

I have a K&K in my hog top, but a Baggs in my L-03R. Both sound pretty good. The K&K sounds woodier though.

Look forward to seeing pics of that '73!
"Soulshine is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain."

Quote from: unclrob on February 23, 2012, 09:36:54 PM
Ah Page played a tele,alot.

And the best part about being a tele player is the guitar make's you a better player because its so unforgiving.As for output all the standard tele's I've played at pickup ohmage at around 7ohms,the best toned humbucker's also had about the same output the difference being single coil low impedance v's humbucker high impedance or in the case of P90's single coil high impedance.

Shows you what I know about Jimmy Page!

I just think of Page as a pretty sloppy player, and do associate him with an LP.

Agreed ... teles do force you to be more precise. I think they really help the finesse player ...
"Soulshine is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain."

It has been reported by some unknown source's that he may or maynot have been under the influence of not so legal substance's :whistling:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Why do Teles force you to be a better player... Ohoh!  :bgrin:

I'll email someone the pix if they post em... i only have 2..  :blush:

Switch

Quote from: Switch on February 24, 2012, 02:39:48 PM

Switch

Mostley because if you mess up it will smash itself into your face and berate you into a small curled up dust bunny if you mess up again.I know the tele has been my mainstay electric since '82 and I've been that dust bunny many a time. :wacko:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

No problem. I wear a helmet most of the time... My wife,kids and friends insist. :wacko:

Quote from: Switch on February 24, 2012, 02:39:48 PM

Switch
If you have the pictures saved on your computer, then you can click on "Additional Options" under the box you write your post in, and it will allow you to browse on your computer for the picture you want to download...piece of cake! You can include up to four photos in each post.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

QuoteIf you have the pictures saved on your computer, then you can click on "Additional Options" under the box you write your post in, and it will allow you to browse on your computer for the picture you want to download...piece of cake! You can include up to four photos in each post.

Thanks for the tip!

1973 Fender Telecaster. Will be here Wednesday next week.

Switch

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looks pretty nice! Congrats!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I've got this. Currently my favorite electric. 2010 MIM Tele. I added the Warmoth black pearl pickguard and a SD P-Rails in the neck spot. Added the mini three way between the pots as well. Very, very versatile guitar. I love the hot ceramic bridge pickup, but without the baseplate it just seems to be lacking something. I may switch it out for a hot Reilander pickup.

And why is Candy Apple Red so hard to photograph. I'm using my crappy Android camera, but no matter what lighting I have this guitar in, the finish never looks right.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: Switch on February 24, 2012, 07:23:43 PM
Thanks for the tip!

1973 Fender Telecaster. Will be here Wednesday next week.

Switch

Mmmmmm ... creamy.

My favorite Tele color. It just looks ... RIGHT on an archetypical level.

Thanks. I am getting kinda tired of my 10.2 lb Les Paul .love the tone and the way it plays, but can't wait for a nice comfortable Tele... I hope I like it... I really loved my 86 ASAT . 

C'mon Wednesday... :bgrin:

Switch

Hamfist, I like your sig. Warren is one of my favorite players ever. I got a chance to meet him in 2010. I've got some Mule playing right now  :bgrin:

Quote from: LeftyBlake on February 26, 2012, 03:37:14 PM
Hamfist, I like your sig. Warren is one of my favorite players ever. I got a chance to meet him in 2010. I've got some Mule playing right now  :bgrin:

Yeah, Warren Haynes is one of the cats for sure. I am mostly just a fan of that song. Stuff like that and Blue Sky have just such a cool vibe to them.

Like a lot of Allman stuff, the song travels pretty well into the acoustic sphere ... goes just fine without the Les Paul through the cranked Soldano amp ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D45jowiAg_s

I've got Joe Barden pickups in my #1 Tele ( and soon my #2 & #3') , and lemmie tell ya' ; they sound incredible, but there ain't nowhere to hide with these things!! Soooo responsive but boy....if you're not on your game...EVERYBODY's gonna know it!!! But you get out exactly what you put in, just like any good Tele.
By far, my favorite all-time pickups.
Larrivee L-05[brGitane' DG-300 & DG-250 ] 2009 Fender RW Telecaster (Barden pickups/bridge)
97 Telecaster Plus
87 Telecaster
01 Warmoth Tele

01 Danelectro Baritone
  DR.Z MAZ 38 SR,
Visual Sound Route 66/H2o[Breedlove 00 Mandolin,Banjo's,

"...never could stand that dog..."Tom Waits

QuoteAgreed ... teles do force you to be more precise. I think they really help the finesse player ...

Lester Polfuss used a bit of finesse with his Les Paul
Larrivee L-03R -- Harmony Parlor -- Larrivee Bakersfield -- NACE M2-7R

Quote from: pabloX on February 29, 2012, 04:26:03 PM
Lester Polfuss used a bit of finesse with his Les Paul

That was before they discovered high gain though.