Forum V Ready to Order - March 5th Order DEADLINE

Started by JOYCEfromNS, February 05, 2012, 10:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tarpman on February 07, 2012, 09:55:46 PM
Hey guys, just want to check in and say hi and let you know how cool I think this LTD is going to be. As I was telling one of my clients just now, I love being involved in limited runs like this so feel free to email or call me with any questions and I will do my best to get the right answers for you.

BTW, a couple of you got conflicting price quotes from me and Andrew which must have been confusing. His price was lower and it was the correct price. Very sorry about that, I think that "satan" neck confused me.  :winkin: Those of you that placed deposits will be getting an updated invoice from Helene tomorrow showing the corrected price.
Ted
Just submitted my deposit this morning.  I went with the 2 P90s, standard chrome, and standard stop tail.
Now the wait begins.

Just curious, are there any other Canadians getting in on this? (besides Andrew of course)

Thanks for making this happen, Ted.

Kurt in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Quote from: Walkerman on February 08, 2012, 12:24:32 PM
LP ice tea

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-standard-traditional-plus-electric-guitar

That's "okay" but I hope it looks more like the pic you posted in the other thread, Walkerman.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 08, 2012, 01:33:34 PM
That's "okay" but I hope it looks more like the pic you posted in the other thread, Walkerman.

I too prefer the slightly darker hue.  The pic of Walkerman's burst was downright gorgeous.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on February 08, 2012, 01:24:08 PM
Just submitted my deposit this morning.  I went with the 2 P90s, standard chrome, and standard stop tail.
Now the wait begins.

Just curious, are there any other Canadians getting in on this? (besides Andrew of course)

Thanks for making this happen, Ted.

Kurt in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hey Kurt,

I'm in on this from Winnipeg.

I was thinking both mini, or P90 bridge mini neck. I don't have the experience with either except sound bites and Utube videos.

I PM'd Matthew and am waiting for his advise.

Randy.
RS-4 Forum V Mini's,

Nice.

Any pix of iced tea with gold I guess is what I meant... those are the ones I'm having real trouble finding.  Actually, I'm thinking of just going nickel for this... my 3rd RS-4 will be black trans with gold hardware.... OH BOOOY!

Quote from: PM33AUD on February 13, 2012, 10:40:44 PM
Nice.

Any pix of iced tea with gold I guess is what I meant... those are the ones I'm having real trouble finding.  Actually, I'm thinking of just going nickel for this... my 3rd RS-4 will be black trans with gold hardware.... OH BOOOY!

I have been looking for that as well, and haven't had much luck.  I decided that I am just going to stick with nickel, you cant go wrong with that either way, and as you said in your last post in 'Ice Tea Burst' thread, I assume that this will be a nice mix light enough to show off the maple cap.  In this case, I assume that gold may not work as well as nickel.

Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Yea, just had a dream last night... Nickel looks better with the lighter finish I think.  When's the deadline for the V?

Quote from: PM33AUD on February 14, 2012, 07:47:09 PM
Yea, just had a dream last night... Nickel looks better with the lighter finish I think.  When's the deadline for the V?

Send a PM to Andrew (JOYCEatNS) to get the info on that...I'd post it here, but I'm not sure if that's kosher...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Deadline is still somewhat open as Ted of LA Guitar Sales is working hand and hand with Larrivee to put this into the hands of as many Forum members as possible. Gotta say Ted and ML have really bent over backwards to make this happen. Expect about a 2 week notification warning to all of deadline.

I like the nickle idea as well  :blush:

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 14, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
Deadline is still somewhat open as Ted of LA Guitar Sales is working hand and hand with Larrivee to put this into the hands of as many Forum members as possible. Gotta say Ted and ML have really bent over backwards to make this happen. Expect about a 2 week notification warning to all of deadline.

I like the nickle idea as well  :blush:

Speaking of which, I would really like to say thanks to Matthew, Ted, and Andrew for getting this together.  You guys are awesome, and I will surely remember you all fondly every time I play my guitar.   :cheers
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Awesome!

I actually spoke to ML today  :cheers

That guy is the BEST.  

Had a few Qs on the finish since I kinda didn't want sth too close to my current RS4.  Anyways, I'm still got inkling to the Forum V.  I'm am going to try and get another custom RS-4 in charcoal, gold HW with a MINI AND a SC in the neck (wonder if they'll do that  :doh).  Hopefully my tax return doesn't get gobbled up too quick !!!

This is exciting and a huge THANK YOU to those who set this up!  Andrew, I know you were the main interface on the forum so I thank you much for all this... if you're ever around Philly, LMK and I get u some beers.   :cheers :beer

Quote from: Walkerman on February 08, 2012, 12:24:32 PM
LP ice tea

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-standard-traditional-plus-electric-guitar

Nice finish... I looked at the price too... 2300$ beans... wow.  If the RS-4 had the 'aura' of the Gibson name, they could easily charge 4k for the instrument.  Really spectacular value the RS-4 is.  I am super happy I came across them!

Quote from: PM33AUD on February 14, 2012, 09:55:41 PM
Awesome!

I actually spoke to ML today  :cheers

That guy is the BEST.  

Had a few Qs on the finish since I kinda didn't want sth too close to my current RS4.  Anyways, I'm still got inkling to the Forum V.  I'm am going to try and get another custom RS-4 in charcoal, gold HW with a MINI AND a SC in the neck (wonder if they'll do that  :doh).  Hopefully my tax return doesn't get gobbled up too quick !!!

This is exciting and a huge THANK YOU to those who set this up!  Andrew, I know you were the main interface on the forum so I thank you much for all this... if you're ever around Philly, LMK and I get u some beers.   :cheers :beer

So I am curious, did you get any interesting info from this chat regarding finish, pickups, etc...?
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Yes!  Some on both actually...

I was calling to see about doing a custom instead as I was worried the V's finish would be close to the RB I have now... they grabbed ML for me... he said the finish wouldn't be close and I got the impression it'd be it's own distinct color.  Still, I am curious as all hell what it is actually going to look like!  I am positive it's in good hands though... any of the current RS4 colors are awesome.

He talked a little about the Minis too as I mentioned I may want to pop the covers off like I have now.  The mini cover is actually part of the structure of the pickup, unlike the fullsize buggers.  IOW the covers cannot be removed.  In my case, this means the whole pickup, case and all would have to be potted if I have squealing issues with high-gain, high-volume.  No biggie, just interesting to know!

Quote from: PM33AUD on February 16, 2012, 01:34:48 AM
Yes!  Some on both actually...

I was calling to see about doing a custom instead as I was worried the V's finish would be close to the RB I have now... they grabbed ML for me... he said the finish wouldn't be close and I got the impression it'd be it's own distinct color.  Still, I am curious as all hell what it is actually going to look like!  I am positive it's in good hands though... any of the current RS4 colors are awesome.

He talked a little about the Minis too as I mentioned I may want to pop the covers off like I have now.  The mini cover is actually part of the structure of the pickup, unlike the fullsize buggers.  IOW the covers cannot be removed.  In my case, this means the whole pickup, case and all would have to be potted if I have squealing issues with high-gain, high-volume.  No biggie, just interesting to know!

Pour a glass of rootbeer and place it on your table.
Next, pour a glass of amber bock and place it on the table.
Lastly, pour a glass of iced tea and place it between them.  Voila.

When you are done, pour the rootbeer and tea down the sink, and drink the beer.

Quote from: Walkerman on February 16, 2012, 08:50:18 AM
When you are done, pour the rootbeer and tea down the sink, and drink the beer.

Cheers to that!   :cheers

Thanks for the info PM33UD, I am just dying to see this puppy.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Greetings.  I got too many guitars already  :smile:, but this Forum V with the mini-humbuckers seems like an awesome opportunity so I'm trying to come up with the funds to swing it!

Regarding the mini-humbuckers, I got the impression that the mini-humbucker was being designed for the neck position only.  If I got mini in both positions, neck and bridge, would it be out of balance?  I thought pick-ups were designed as a set, with different magnets and resistance levels ? 

I'm learning as I go here so any thoughts would be appreciated!   :donut :coffee :donut2   Thanks.   
P-03 OM-09  RS-4

Quote from: jojo123 on February 16, 2012, 12:23:31 PM
Greetings.  I got too many guitars already  :smile:, but this Forum V with the mini-humbuckers seems like an awesome opportunity so I'm trying to come up with the funds to swing it!

Regarding the mini-humbuckers, I got the impression that the mini-humbucker was being designed for the neck position only.  If I got mini in both positions, neck and bridge, would it be out of balance?  I thought pick-ups were designed as a set, with different magnets and resistance levels ? 

I'm learning as I go here so any thoughts would be appreciated!   :donut :coffee :donut2   Thanks.   

I believe ML will be making them matched for what position they serve... any pup manufacturer does this and for very good reason - there is both tone and volume differences in the bridge and neck that have to be accommodated for a set to be balanced.  ML seems to be a major pickup nut so would not expect nothing but the best - like his other pickups.  I am just interested in the mini in the neck for my own personal reasons (mainly to purposefully throw the 'balance' out of balance in some regards) and how I use each position for the music I play.  If I'm not mistaken the mini is available for both, or any combination...

Phil

Phil -
Thanks for the quick response.  I am trying to get as much info as I can before "pulling the trigger."   I agree about ML and his pick-up knowledge.  The "gen 3" pickups on my RS-4 are the best PU's I've experienced (not that I'm that experienced :winkin:).

Just curious, what are you going with for the bridge pickup ?   Thanks.
P-03 OM-09  RS-4

I am still not absolutely 100% on the mini... maybe 80%.  I need to goto a store and try and few minis out since I am very unexperienced with them (besides just listening to some samples).  This is what I experience:

1)  Love strat/tele cleans.  Like a clean bell, got scooped mids or something.
2)  Love LP HB style distortion.
3)  I use the bridge on my RS4 for pretty much most of my distorted tone, I use neck for cleans (never bridge - too middy for me)

So, I think I want either a single coil or something else with an even cleaner clean that the already pretty clean RS4 neck humbucker - in the neck position.  I remember days when I popped a JB mini in the bridge of my strat and left the middle and neck SCs installed... my lord... position 4 for clean and 1 for HB leads/distortion.  Unfortunately, I end up liking the feel of more modern playing instruments.

The RS4 25.5" scale had me sold - cleans sound better on longer scale length guitars IMO plus I'm used to the longer scale.  I think with a lighter, cleaner, less mids pup in the neck I'd be ecstatic.  Hmmm... maybe I'll test this out on my own before I make a final decision!  I really curious to see how a SC will sound in the neck of an RS4.  I also wonder what a SC + HB coil mixed would sound like , parallel, series, who knows!  They wouldn't share a baseplate, but they'd be far enough away not to have any howling issues.

Does Larrivee make a single coil?!  Is it any good?  Also, does anyone know if a SC pup will fit in a mini rout?  That's another option where I can test out the mini yet still be able to put a SC in there if I want...

I'm going to test out a single coil in the neck of RS4... I'll do a test recording with the std HB and one with the SC.  I'll probably end up hating it :D