Forum V Ready to Order - March 5th Order DEADLINE

Started by JOYCEfromNS, February 05, 2012, 10:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Specs:

Any PUP combination you want including 1st time offering of a Larrivee Mini signed by ML
JCL Special Reserve Grade Flame Maple Top
Lightweight S.A. mahogany back / neck
Indian Rosewood Fretboard
African Ebony Headplate
Color - Forum V mix of Amber & Root Beer - some might call "Ice tea" burst
Nut size, wiring, pots etc standard stock
Named/Numbered on back of headstock via traditional water slide decal

Headstock inlay  -  Vine  
Fretboard Inlay   -  V Block
Finish :      Poly Body  with satan neck
Bridge:  Stoptail

Gold parts is an upgrade option choice of buyer
Bigsby is an upgrade option choice of buyer

Dealer: LA Guitar Sales

To order contact Ted @ LA Guitars http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/836/

Deadline is open for near future BUT don't wait too long. The build time expected to be 8 to 10 weeks.

If you are seriously considering and desire this great opportunity for possibly the nicest RS-4's ever and want the pricing and Deposit info please either email or PM me.

If you know a member who you think may be interested please let him know the clock just started ticking as would be a shame for a member to miss it for being away from the Forum a while.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I'd exchange a Satan neck for Satin any day.   :wink:  :laughin:
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: SMan on February 06, 2012, 06:09:25 AM
I'd exchange a Satan neck for Satin any day.   :wink:  :laughin:

sman, you beat me to it!

Andrew, you might want to update your post ... or not!   :roll

:nanadance :nana_guitar

This is going to be a   :nice guitar:

I'm definitely "in"!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I can not wait.  My other electric decided to crap out me last week so I am really looking forward to having something usable again.  As far as the satan neck, I suppose that Ill take it if it makes me play better  :tongue: .
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Thanks for this. Down payment has been sent.

I still haven't decided 100% on pick-ups though. Has anyone seen Matthews write-up on the mini humbuckers? It will be between that and a set of P90's.

Randy
RS-4 Forum V Mini's,

The Satan neck is ok...  but it only allows you to play Crossroads.   :nana_guitar

Ed

Im curious about the satan necks, though, I hear they are a little dark.  OK, Im done.  :thumbsup
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: bacchus on February 06, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
Im curious about the satan necks, though, I hear they are a little dark.  OK, Im done.  :thumbsup
I thought it just allowed your licks to really "burn".  :whistling:

Though I'm not getting one I like the idea of a satan neck also.Matthew chime'd in on one of the Rev's post,mostley talked about setting up for production and said he'd offer them on the forum guitars first.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 06, 2012, 10:54:46 PM
I thought it just allowed your licks to really "burn".  :whistling:

That's why they call em' Hot Licks............. :thumb
Steve ....aka the SMan

Quote from: unclrob on February 07, 2012, 08:46:27 AM
Though I'm not getting one I like the idea of a satan neck also.Matthew chime'd in on one of the Rev's post,mostley talked about setting up for production and said he'd offer them on the forum guitars first.

unclrob is referring, of course, to the new mini-humbucker pickups that Matthew is winding for these guitars, then for others (like the Bakersfield, maybe?).

I'm getting very close to ordering a couple of Matthew's humbuckers for one of my other guitars (which plays great, but it just needs some tone tweaking, and I think these pickups would do the trick...).

This guitar (sorry to muck up this thread...):

[attachment deleted by admin]

HELLL YEAAAAA!!!!  I'll be sending out a DP next week.  This is going to be awesome.  I think I am going to blindly go with the mini HB in the neck... I think it will be *exactly* what I'm looking for in a neck PUP I use for clean tones.

AWESOME!
Phil

Woohoo. down payment sent!

Now the wait begins. :beer
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

I can't wait, I hope we get some pics periodically to help the more impatient amount us (me) stay grounded. 

Ou of curiosity, is anyone going for gold hardware?  I wouldn't normally go that route, but I think it could go well with the proposed finish.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Quote from: bacchus on February 07, 2012, 04:04:39 PM
I can't wait, I hope we get some pics periodically to help the more impatient amount us (me) stay grounded. 

Ou of curiosity, is anyone going for gold hardware?  I wouldn't normally go that route, but I think it could go well with the proposed finish.

Im on the fence with the gold.  Have u found any pix of iced tea LPs.  I havent had much luck.

Quote from: PM33AUD on February 07, 2012, 08:20:57 PM
Im on the fence with the gold.  Have u found any pix of iced tea LPs.  I havent had much luck.
Something like these perhaps?

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

JOYCEfromNS put up this post:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=39043.0

This has a good pic of a darker ice tea burst.  I suspect that the combo of amber and rootbeer will look something like that, though that is purely a guess.  I personally think the gold hardware could look really good depending on how dark the brown is.  I am really on the fence with gold as well, as I think that it will really depend on the finish.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Hey guys, just want to check in and say hi and let you know how cool I think this LTD is going to be. As I was telling one of my clients just now, I love being involved in limited runs like this so feel free to email or call me with any questions and I will do my best to get the right answers for you.

BTW, a couple of you got conflicting price quotes from me and Andrew which must have been confusing. His price was lower and it was the correct price. Very sorry about that, I think that "satan" neck confused me.  :winkin: Those of you that placed deposits will be getting an updated invoice from Helene tomorrow showing the corrected price.

Ted
Ted

www.laguitarsales.com

Authorized dealer for: Larrivee - Blackbird - Breedlove - Cordoba - Eastman - Guild - Journey - Martin - Rainsong - Ramirez -  Santa Cruz - Taylor

Quote from: bacchus on February 07, 2012, 04:04:39 PM

Chrome for me all the way.  I have never gone for gold trim on anything: guitars, cars, wedding band, watches, etc.  There's something about yellow gold that's a turn-off for me that probably dates back to my childhood when my grandmother returned from her carribean cruise each summer dripping with her yellow gold purchases!  I guess that's my issue, but to me chrome seems more neutral and allows the more subtle, but elegant features of a guitar to stand out (balance of shape, grain, finish, inlays, etc.).  The only case in which I think gold hardware looks good on a guitar is on a Black Beauty or all white LP.  Again, it's my issue and it's completely a matter of taste, which I fully respect!

Speakign of gold, there is a fantastic book called, The Power of Gold, written by the late, great economist Peter Bernstein that traces the history of gold in civilization as a basis of currency, symbol of power and influence, etc.  It's worth a read if you care about the subject!

Matt
All Lefty:
Acoustic:
Larrivee OMV-10
Larrivee D-05E
Martin CEO-7
Taylor 416

Electric:
Larrivee RS-4, Forum V #2
Fender American Standard Tele
Fender Aerodyne Strat
PureSalem Elevation