Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fretboard radius?  (Read 496 times)
twangjunkie

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:47 PM »

I have an 04' OM-03K and my frets need to be filed, so I was wondering what the radius is on that guitar? I see the new OM-03s have a compound radius 17"-21", but I thought that I read somewhere that the older ones have a 12" radius, is this the case? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
 Rich 

1999 Larrivee P-01
Rover Rm-75 Mandolin
Too Many Projects, not enough finished guitars.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 05:31:33 AM »

I'm not sure what the redius is but if it just needs a fret dressing and recrown find a tech that knows what there doing will not need to know the radius to do the job.Now if your thinking of using one of those big a** sanding bars from stew mac don't as one they aren't designed for compound radius and two there way to big to do the job in the first place.I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this kind of job until they have practiced....ALOT.. on some junkers.It take's a while to get the feel and touch you need to do it right.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »

I have an 04' OM-03K and my frets need to be filed, so I was wondering what the radius is on that guitar? I see the new OM-03s have a compound radius 17"-21", but I thought that I read somewhere that the older ones have a 12" radius, is this the case? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
 Rich 

They would have to be really old.  The radius has been a compound 17-21 for at least 2 decades.  A 12" radius is really tight.  Ovations are usually 12" and I find them unplayable unless you use electric type chord shapes.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: