How many brazilian Larrivee owners? Whatcha got?

Started by 247hoopsfan, February 04, 2012, 02:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I notice there is a brazilian Parlor in the classifeds.  Wondering how many Larrivee brazilians are among the forum members?
I have had my D10 Brazilian for about 4 months.  What an amazing guitar.  I also have a EIR D10, which is a great guitar, but the Brazilian D10 is definitely on another level. 
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Jason @ Notable Guitars sold me this very powerful and sweet SD-60BZ last August. 
My 60th birthday gift to myself.

Play it daily for best results.

I don't own one and was never impress with other brands made with brazilian until I played a couple of Larrivee's and now if I had the money I'd love an OM or even an LS in brazilian.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: prof_stack on February 04, 2012, 03:43:17 PM
Jason @ Notable Guitars sold me this very powerful and sweet SD-60BZ last August. 
My 60th birthday gift to myself.

What a beautiful birthday gift.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I recently sold mine.   Too pretty to play, but Prof Stack played this one once.

Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

Quote from: gitnoob on February 05, 2012, 10:53:06 PM
I recently sold mine.   Too pretty to play, but Prof Stack played this one once.

Heh, I was just thinking earlier today about the time we met up at your beautiful island home and admired a whole lot of guitars.  Great day.  Yeah, that was a great sounding BRZ guitar.

What is your go-to guitar these days?

Quote from: prof_stack on February 05, 2012, 11:18:26 PMWhat is your go-to guitar these days?

It's a boutique brand you've never heard of -- Frog Rock.

Actually, I made it myself last year.    You gotta check it out one day.   :bgrin:

I'm the guy with the Braz parlor.   Gotta say I've played many Brazilian bodied guitars and some , if not vintage, are fantastic and some aren't.   In certain design the Braz is thuddy.   In some it rings with an extra undertone thats fulfilling.   Love it on small guitars.

The parlor seems to showcase the the tonal quality very well.  All notes are full and round.   That sound is well represented in the recording I've done with it.

Excellent investment as well.
Peter
creestudios.com
Art Guitars and more

Quote from: gitnoob on February 06, 2012, 12:02:18 AM
It's a boutique brand you've never heard of -- Frog Rock.

Actually, I made it myself last year.    You gotta check it out one day.   :bgrin:
Way cool!  Perhaps in another thread you could describe the build and the sound. 
Or refer to a thread where you already did...   :wink:

Quote from: prof_stack on February 07, 2012, 08:31:57 AM
Way cool!  Perhaps in another thread you could describe the build and the sound.  
Or refer to a thread where you already did...   :wink:

I still love my Larrivees, but what compelled me to build my own was a desire to understand how to shape tone.    As a math guy, you might be interested in some of the physics.

Anyway, my build thread is here if anybody is interested.     It was a great experience, and I'll probably build more of them.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2803237-A-Mutt-of-a-Guitar

Gitnoob,

I'm curious- did your D10 Brazilian go to a forum member?  That looks like an older Larrivee with those inlays.  Beautiful straight grain brazilian too.  If it was anything like my D10 BZ, I'll bet it was awesome.  I know what you mean about being almost too nice to play.  I am debating whether to put a pickup in mine to play in worship band.  Right now, it doesn;t even have an endpin.  I can hardly bear the thought of drilling into that Brazilian endpiece to put a pickup jack in it.

ST, your C10 looks amazing.  That may be the only model Larrivee that could ignite my GAS.
Here is my D10 Brazilian w/Flying Eagle headstock.

[attachment deleted by admin]
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Quote from: gitnoob on February 08, 2012, 02:08:09 PM
I still love my Larrivees, but what compelled me to build my own was a desire to understand how to shape tone.    As a math guy, you might be interested in some of the physics.

Anyway, my build thread is here if anybody is interested.     It was a great experience, and I'll probably build more of them.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2803237-A-Mutt-of-a-Guitar

gitnoob, that's a great build thread. Thanks for sharing and mighty fine work on that build, congratulations.   :nice guitar:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: 247hoopsfan on February 08, 2012, 05:56:13 PM
I'm curious- did your D10 Brazilian go to a forum member?  That looks like an older Larrivee with those inlays.

It was a 1993, and it went to a collector.    I don't think he's a member here, but he has some very cool custom Larrivees in his collection.    It was a great guitar.

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 08, 2012, 07:08:42 PM
gitnoob, that's a great build thread. Thanks for sharing and mighty fine work on that build, congratulations.   :nice guitar:

Thanks!   It was a 50th-birthday present to myself.    Everybody should build at least one.   :smile: