Tommy E. playing "Purple Haze" and more on a Larrivee.

Started by bacchus, February 03, 2012, 03:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Edit] Oops, just realized that this was already on the Larrivee twitter feed.  Sorry for the repost.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/kft6j/here_are_the_three_song_arrangements_as_requested/

Contained within the url above are three special arrangements Tommy did for Reddit (a popular nerd website, simply put).  This is originally from an AMA (ask me anything) that he did on the site.  I was particularly pleased that he chose to do these on a Larrivee.

Here is the link where these arrangements were requested which also has lots of Q and A and more videos:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/hqtiy/iama_guitarist_named_tommy_emmanuel_and_will/

Hope you guys enjoy.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Amazing guitar player. Made me buy a C-10... I know it is the player and not the guitar, but still  :nana_guitar
:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut (4 to go :smile:)
Taylor GS Mini
Larrivee 003v-MH Vintage Sunburst
Larrivee C-10
Larrivee omv-10 Cedar Zircote
Larrivee RS-4 Lacewood
Larrivee RS-4 Forum V (No.6)

The Reddit video of "Satisfied Mind" is my favorite of the series that I've seen.  Absolutely amazing version of it and you can tell it really moved him which I appreciate.

Maybe it's my computer but I can't tell what the inlay is on his C.  Can anyone enlighten me?  And check out the intonation on that guitar -  :nice guitar:
Chris

I don't know Tommy personally, but he is a very likeable man. Take ten minutes and watch the Q/A vid he did. Someone asked him how long it took him to put the arrangements together for the three vids he did. He arranged and shot all three vids in about one hour.  :?
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on February 03, 2012, 09:21:12 PM
I don't know Tommy personally, but he is a very likeable man. Take ten minutes and watch the Q/A vid he did. Someone asked him how long it took him to put the arrangements together for the three vids he did. He arranged and shot all three vids in about one hour.  :?

I honestly don't follow Tommy too much myself, I have certainly heard and enjoyed his music, but when I saw this AMA and the subsequent arrangements I was very impressed with how open and genuinely friendly he seems.  These arrangements are pretty impressive too. 

This seems like great, and well deserved exposure for Larrivee.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18