Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Blue Rodeo?  (Read 3624 times)
madoclake

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »

Can that be found online anywhere, Peter?
Hello B-Nads! OK, so sometimes it takes over a year to solve a mystery...I finally found that Ann Lindsay solo again. The one where her violin plays the same part as Greg Keelor's guitar solo in Blue Rodeo's Five Days in May. And it is still fabulous. She actually stays close to Keelor's original solo, but she really pushes the needle. Her solo starts out fairly tame, but then you can hear Jim Cuddy tells her to kinda "go for it Annie" and she does. Good electric lead to answer it comes after. But even Jim Cuddy is put aback by Ann Lindsay's intensity on this one. He can't stop smiling and it forces his voice up and slightly out of key for the rest of the song. Great stuff , if you are a Blue Rodeo and Greg Keelor fan. Ann Lindsay isn't exactly hard to look at either.

Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"
madoclake

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 03:43:40 AM »

Ooops. Forgot the link. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwB-qYpMcU

Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
WPete

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:27 AM »

Great clip - Thanks !

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 06:20:53 AM »

Great clip - Thanks !

Yes indeed! Thoroughly enjoyed that. I like it!

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »

Nice music.   

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:31 PM »

Hello B-Nads! OK, so sometimes it takes over a year to solve a mystery...I finally found that Ann Lindsay solo again. The one where her violin plays the same part as Greg Keelor's guitar solo in Blue Rodeo's Five Days in May. And it is still fabulous. She actually stays close to Keelor's original solo, but she really pushes the needle. Her solo starts out fairly tame, but then you can hear Jim Cuddy tells her to kinda "go for it Annie" and she does. Good electric lead to answer it comes after. But even Jim Cuddy is put aback by Ann Lindsay's intensity on this one. He can't stop smiling and it forces his voice up and slightly out of key for the rest of the song. Great stuff , if you are a Blue Rodeo and Greg Keelor fan. Ann Lindsay isn't exactly hard to look at either.

Yup she kinda steals the show - no easy feat as certainly CUDDY is one of our greatest talents ever. And incase you didn't get enough of CUDDY and Anne LINDSAY here they are together Again

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
abalone at last

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 05:32:54 AM »

Blue who????.... I think they were a copy bang of  The Cowboy Junkies.....pffffttttttt

2002 LV-05

PRS semi hollow electric
madoclake

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 11:19:33 PM »

Blue who????.... I think they were a copy bang of  The Cowboy Junkies.....pffffttttttt
Oh boy.....knocking Blue Rodeo AND The Cowboy Junkies.

Ever heard the expression "jerseyed"?

Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »

Blue who????.... I think they were a copy bang of  The Cowboy Junkies.....pffffttttttt
I presume you meant "copy band".  You obviously know little or nothing about Blue Rodeo.

Blue Rodeo was formed in 1984 (one year earlier than Cowboy Junkies) and have been releasing albums, singles and performing live ever since.
Cowboy Junkies were formed in 1985 and have been releasing albums, singles, and performing live ever since.

Blue Rodeo has released 16 albums and 51 singles.  Their  music has been used in movies, television shows, and TV commercials.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: