Bakersfield in pictures (taking the tour...)

Started by Mikeymac, January 21, 2012, 10:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okay, FINALLY, some time this morning to take a few pictures of my lefty Bakersfield - #1 out of the Oxnard plant!

Here you go...enjoy!

Thank you, Jean, Matthew and Larrivee staff!!!

:donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

And a couple more shots ... of all my "Telly's" and Tele mongrels:

:bgrin: :thumb :thumbsup :bowdown:

Man that is a nice case  :tongue:

Seriously, that is a beautiful guitar.  Love the grain pattern on both sides and the finish is exquisite.  How do you like it with that mini in the neck?
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

I was never comfortable with the contours of the body.What do you think of them?I will say they seem closer to the original 50's fender which I don't seem to mind.

Also I notice that your SX tele has the reversed control plate with the volumn first then the tone then the toggel,how do you like that setup and have you considered doing the same with your Larrivee?

One more thing what guage you string it with?

One more thing the burst is beautiful on the Larrivee,I love the min. black and red before the red blends in  :thumb to Jean for one of the best burst I've seen in a long time.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on January 21, 2012, 12:18:38 PM
I was never comfortable with the contours of the body.What do you think of them?I will say they seem closer to the original 50's fender which I don't seem to mind.

Thanks for reminding me, unclrob; I meant to take a pic of the side of the body so you could see the arm and tummy cuts. They're not drastic at all; they're just enough to take of that "edge" on both sides of the body for some comfort.

One of the guys who looked at my Tele in the shop also mentioned this...he really likes the plain old slab body. I told him I thought Larrivee might be willing to make him one without the bevels if he wanted to order it that way...of course, I'm speaking with no authority...but Larrivee did grant my request for an all satin RS-2 back when they all had gloss bodies and satin necks...being a small shop, they can be a lot more flexible with customer requests.

Also I notice that your SX tele has the reversed control plate with the volumn first then the tone then the toggel,how do you like that setup and have you considered doing the same with your Larrivee?

One more thing what guage you string it with?

One more thing the burst is beautiful on the Larrivee,I love the min. black and red before the red blends in  :thumb to Jean for one of the best burst I've seen in a long time.

I like the flipped control plate, but I haven't decided if I'll do it on the Larrivee yet. It does get the volume knob and switch away from each other, which I really like.

It feels like it currently has 10-46 strings on it, and based on the colored ball ends, they're either D'addario or Cleartones. I prefer a set that runs 9.5, 12, 16, 26, 36, 46...so sometime down the road I'll change 'em. These do feel a little stiff to me on the unwound strings, so when I change 'em, I'll go to that lighter gauge.

And yes, the burst on this thing is beautiful. It's got three colors in it, but not as distinct as on the SX. It's almost like it's 2 colors, but they blend into a nice red in the middle.

Okay, Rob, here are a few more pics to try to give you some idea of the body contours...

[attachment deleted by admin]

...and a few more...

What is there not to luv about that :? Very beautiful Guitar there Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 21, 2012, 04:25:59 PM
What is there not to luv about that :? Very beautiful Guitar there Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly - it's just an amazing, wonderful piece of art and craftsmanship!

And unfortunately, my pics don't do it justice; the coloring on mine in person is exactly like the one on Larrivee's website...so don't be afraid that their Tobacco Burst doesn't live up to what's pictured there - it does!

So I have to post it ... one ... more ... time.

I just have to reiterate how gorgeous and well done that burst is.  That alone makes me want to get my hands on one of these.
Cameron

2012 Forum V RS-4 #3
2006 OMV-10 SE
1953 Martin D-18

Thanks for the pix of the contour,they are very close to a 55 strat contours that I use when I contour bodies for some of my clients.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Man, you're makin' the wait for mine even worse now. :nice guitar:
Hopefully it will arrive soon.
It's a righty though with a rosewood fretboard.
Cheers

Rev how do you like the bridge saddle's,do they offer good intonation?I've never been a fan but thats just me,but I have some clients that have asked about them.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: unclrob on January 22, 2012, 10:11:07 AM
Rev how do you like the bridge saddle's,do they offer good intonation?I've never been a fan but thats just me,but I have some clients that have asked about them.

I haven't checked the intonation with a tuner yet, but it seems to be very good from the playing I've done so far; I'll check it soon and get back to you.

Very nice, congrats !  :cheers

How are the frets ? Are they wide / thin / low /high ?

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on January 23, 2012, 03:02:54 PM

Very nice, congrats !  :cheers

How are the frets ? Are they wide / thin / low /high ?

From the Larrivee website.

Fretwire   Warmoth 6105 (.096 x .047" narrow and tall)
Radius   Hybrid 12" compound ...more All of our Bakersfield fret surfaces are CNC machined to a precise shape. The radius from the nut to the 14th fret is a solid 12" radius; while the radius on the fall away compounds into a 16" radius.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 23, 2012, 04:11:36 PM
Fretwire   Warmoth 6105 (.096 x .047" narrow and tall)
Radius   Hybrid 12" compound ...more All of our Bakersfield fret surfaces are CNC machined to a precise shape. The radius from the nut to the 14th fret is a solid 12" radius; while the radius on the fall away compounds into a 16" radius.

Thanks for that info, Mr_LV19E; I compared it to a Warmoth neck with the 6105 fretwire and thought the Larrivee's felt a little taller/larger, but it might be the same.

Also, unclrob - I checked the intonation and it was right-on on every string! So those compensated saddles do help.

The thing about JCL is he is a "wood" man.  You really do get the best wood with a Larrivee.
Now, Matthew is an elecrtronics man.....put them together....... :cheers