Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 45th Anniversary Announcement!  (Read 14733 times)
J M Larrivée

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:10 PM »

*45th ANNIVERSARY MODEL*

2012 will mark Jean Larrivée's 45th year of building guitars. In doing so, the Larrivée Family is proud to announce the limited release of our 45th Anniversary Guitar. The LV-10 has been chosen to represent this limited edition with spectacularly figured Indian Silverwood bound with Indian Rosewood and abalone purfling. This Silverwood was discovered and hand selected by Jean last fall while searching for new exotic wood sources in India. The B.C. Sitka spruce soundboards are from Jean's private reserve, only to be used on such deserving limited runs. A lightweight genuine South American mahogany neck will feature a striking early 1900's style "Torch" headstock inlay designed by Wendy Larrivée for this notable occasion. A matching fretboard and bridge inlay will compliment the "Torch" and set in only the finest African ebony available. Finally, to tie it all together, will be a very special 12th fret inlay proudly displaying the dates "1967-2012".

Each of the 45 limited guitars will come with it's own certificate of authenticity hand signed by Jean Larrivée. Order yours now while they are available as numbers are strictly limited to 45. MSRP on this piece will be $4500.00 with delivery beginning in March. A photo documentary will be posted to our website and Facebook page along with updates on Twitter.

Thank you for 45 years of support,

The Larrivée Family
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

Congratulations on the Anniversary!

If this new limited edition guitar lives up to the legacy of my 30th Anniversary C10, (and I'm sure it will) there will be 45 incredibly fortunate Larrivée owners soon.

carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »

Will go out and buy a lottery ticket. The guitar sounds wonderful.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »

Yeah, I got the Twitter earlier today.  It will likely be a wonderful guitar to behold AND hear. 

Maybe if I sell one of my two motorcycles...

Play it daily for best results.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:56:19 AM »

That sounds simply amazing.    drool    There will be 45 very lucky individuals who will be getting something quite incredible.   But I'd have to sell all 4 of the Larrivee guitars that I currently own in order to pull this off and I ain't willin' to give 'em up      But then I wonder if they will be making any lefties anyhow.   whistling

By the way, is Silverwood the same as Silver Oak ??
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:37 AM »

But then I wonder if they will be making any lefties anyhow.   whistling

If you put your order in now. Plus, that's MSRP that was posted, you would probably only have to sell 2.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:40:40 AM »

Now that sounds like a classic Larrivee there. Where/who do you order from?

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »

Just when I thought my Larrivee stable was full... whistling

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:06:16 PM »

Hmmmm I just might have changed my mind about my next Larrivee...

Congratulations and thanks to the Larrivee family for your commitment to the guitar world we live in - it is a good one.

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

I was at Yarnell Place the other day and saw a prototype body....just a beautiful, beautiful box.  It was in the spraying room, so no neck was attached yet.
247hoopsfan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »

I was at Yarnell Place the other day and saw a prototype body....just a beautiful, beautiful box.  It was in the spraying room, so no neck was attached yet.

Did you find out what Indian Silverwood is? Is one of these going to find its way into the Walkerman stable of Larrivees?

https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:54 PM »

Is one of these going to find its way into the Walkerman stable of Larrivees?

bigrin  You had to ask ?    My money says yes and it will be a future GOTM to boot.   
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »

Is one of these going to find its way into the Walkerman stable of Larrivees?

I doubt it, there are going to be 45 of these guitars out there. If I'm not mistaken I think all of Walkermans Larrivee's are custom 1 of a kind.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »

I doubt it, there are going to be 45 of these guitars out there. If I'm not mistaken I think all of Walkermans Larrivee's are custom 1 of a kind.

Yes, for the most part.   But his  amber RS-4 GOTM for June, 2009 appears to be standard issue.   
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »

Did you find out what Indian Silverwood is? Is one of these going to find its way into the Walkerman stable of Larrivees?

whistling
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

Just spoke with Matthew....silverwood and silver oak are one and the same.
Alexrkstr

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

Who's selling these? I'm not clear on what the tonal characteristics of silver wood are - is it closer to maple than to mahogany? I can't imagine it being in the rosewood realm?

Congrats on the 45 years!!
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »

Who's selling these? I'm not clear on what the tonal characteristics of silver wood are - is it closer to maple than to mahogany? I can't imagine it being in the rosewood realm?

This quote is from forum member hadden posted in the thread "Was Grevellia Robusta a flop ?"  on July 12, 2011.    I hope hadden does not object to his quote appearing in this thread with regard to a description of the tone of Silver Oak.

"I tried one. Absolutely great tonewood. Had the biggest punchiest bass of any Larrivee I've played while being better integrated than rosewood bass. Seemed like super mahogany. Nice clear even mids with a thick treble. The back really jabs you in the ribs when play -- so an especially lively feel/push to it. Probably the most resonant tonewood I've driven. Really top-drawer.  I think the color of it might make it a hard sell.  "

And I also stole a pic from Big Al in his post which gives an idea of what it looks like..

[attachment deleted by admin]
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:59:47 PM »

Oh no!  Here comes a bad case of GAS  crying
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »

I have one ordered...I was rapping with JCL yesterday, and he told me that this could well be my best sounding Larrivee.  He is very high on this as a tone wood.  Also, his stash is highly figured.  It's an amazing looking wood.  When you turn it in the light, you get amazing reddish-brown figuring.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: