Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lefty Bakersfields  (Read 4731 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 04:24:41 AM »

I'm still in for a Larrivee mini when Matthew starts winding them! I have no doubt it can and will sound even better than this one.

+1

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Matthew Larrivee
Admin

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 04:43:40 AM »

Well he convince a life long hater of humbuckers to go over to the dark side.I still haven't heard another hber that I like and I've installed a lot.Thats why I thought he was making the mini when you praise it.I'm sure he will start building his own.As for the use of the neck pu I'm mostly a rythm player and as an R+B player the neck works great for those single note line's combined with chords.Plus everyone plays in the bridge position and they always sound brittle to me.Its not that I don't use it but not as much and mostley with the neck or by itself with the tone rolled off.

I am indeed making mini humbuckers - I've been working on the parts for almost a year. I just got the first baseplates back from the stamper in wisconsin; they are absolutely perfect. I have also already had an injection mold made for the bobbins. They turned out perfect as well. The pole screws were finished a week ago, but I dont have them in my hand yet - another week or two there. Now I'm working on the cover - It's a expensive proposition costing approximately $10,000 in tooling, and should take about 10 weeks. I wont release them on any other guitar though until the first ones have shipped on the forum electrics.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 04:53:29 AM »

Matthew your a madman and thankyou for being one.Its rare these days to see someone take the time and expense to do in house what could be brought in from someone else.I will be keeping an eye out for when they go on sale I have just the guitar for it to go in.No its not one of yours {YET} because I have to put the money together for my OM09/12 strin with a 12 fret neck joint and burst finish but thats another guitar.Thanks again for going above and beyond and I can't wait to hear 'em.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 04:58:02 AM »

Matthew your a madman and thankyou for being one.Its rare these days to see someone take the time and expense to do in house what could be brought in from someone else.I will be keeping an eye out for when they go on sale I have just the guitar for it to go in.No its not one of yours {YET} because I have to put the money together for my OM09/12 strin with a 12 fret neck joint and burst finish but thats another guitar.Thanks again for going above and beyond and I can't wait to hear 'em.

C''mon, Rob, you gotta get in on the Forum V! I know I'm certainly going to try to make it happen...

...only problem is, like you, I want another acoustic Larrivee, the majestic C-09! Someday...

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 05:27:48 AM »

Rev. right now I'm playing little to no electric.The little electric I am playing goes to my JJ Cale Tribute guitar,it started life an a small body utawat acoustic electric with the barndoor thing.I have since addeda Bartillini humbucker in the soundhole,ya I know I hate hber's but for what I use it for its alright I put a volumn and tone control on it for that pickupa nd I use for my jazz sounding guitar.It also has my MIDI pu mounted on it.I have plans to install at least 3 more pu's and controls for each and mini toggles I'm just not sure of the pu's I want to install.This guitar will be a true Frankinstien. wacko

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
LeftyBlake

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »

So Matthew, any chance that these new mini buckers of yours might end up available for the RS-2?
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »

One more comment about the lefty Bakersfields - mine at least, which is an "early one"  rolleye

The lefties don't seem to have the Seymour Duncan Liberator system in them. When the tech had mine open in the shop (to flip the switch under the control plate) it was the typical set-up with the wires soldered to the volume and tone pots - no "switching system" that I could see. Maybe it's on the other end by the pickups? But I haven't had my pickguard off yet to look under there.

So...I suspect that the parts didn't come in for these lefties, and Matthew got tired of waiting (which he mentioned in an e-mail). I'm not worried about this; the guitar sounds great, and if I want to change pickups, I'll just plug in my soldering iron! Just an FYI to others who are ordering or waiting on a lefty Bakersfield. It still has high quality left-handed pots, and I believe mine have Seymour Duncan logo on the case of the pots...so no concerns there.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:51 AM »

nice guitar  Rev

I really like your new avatar.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »

I really like your new avatar.

bigrin

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »

I just got in a lefty Bakersfield in butterscotch, fired it up tonight after taking some photos ... its plays great, sounds fantastic straight into my Vibrolux. I think it's a home run. More comfortable to play, really like the neck carve, and pickups are great.

Look forward to a pic, Vic!

Which neck pup?

welcome to the Bakersfield neighborhood!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

drool drool

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

Odd ... we never heard back from leftyvic, and his post (copied in my previous post) has been deleted.

Wonder if he didn't keep it?

I'll have another, please, this one in trans red w/rosewood board, and a Larrivee mini-humbucker in the neck!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
bakersfieldjazz

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »

Will the leftys have the Liberator pots? Thx.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »

Will the leftys have the Liberator pots? Thx.

My lefty doesn't have the Liberator "no solder" system, but it does have lefty Seymour Duncan labeled pots, and I believe they were made by Bourne... Matthew will have to confirm that, though.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
jerrysleftyguitars

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »

Here is (I think) the first lefty with rosewood board:

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »

Wow that is a very appealing guitar even if it is directionally challenged.  blush

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:56 PM »

Wow that is a very appealing guitar even if it is directionally challenged.  blush

Ahem ........

SouthpawGuy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »

Here is (I think) the first lefty with rosewood board:

Very nice !
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2012, 08:24:31 PM »

Jerry, that's gorgeous ... and it's exactly the color/configuration I'd love to get for my 'next' Bakersfield!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
bakersfieldjazz

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »

What's the price on that Lefty? from Jerry's drool nice guitar
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: