Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strap Button Blues  (Read 1151 times)
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: December 27, 2003, 04:34:27 PM »

I think I understand why Larrivee doesn't install them--at least on the OMs, but I wish they had put one on mine. Now I have to have one put on, and I don't want anyone drilling into the beatiful wood. Sigh. I often need to play standing up, and there is no room for a chair to brace my foot.

Maybe a little anesthesia for me during the procedure... :(

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
JasonA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 05:18:35 PM »

Recently I've been going strapless, but I've taken some guitars to a local shop and the repair guy puts on the pins for a few bucks. It's a quick and painless procedure. Just look away or have a few drinks first. :)

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 08:00:18 PM »

I always tell people to turn there head and cough really hard,then drill away :P  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
JackF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 12:01:55 AM »

I am about to order an LV-03E - does having strap pins added to the guitar have any effect on the warranty?

Jack

Larrivee LV-03E
Framus Texan 12 String '69
Washburn D-28 '93
Aria Classical @'71
DeArmond M65C
hatman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 05:08:58 PM »

I don't think that the added strap pins would void the warranty. It had better not, as I had the people at Best Price Guitar install them, which is where I purchased the guitar from.
The only thing I could think of that might be a problem would be if the guitar was chipped in the process or developed a crack as a result of the installation.
I am not a dealer or repairman, but I do have an opinion and noone else has piped in.
I did have the pins installed, obviously. If I had it to do over again, I would have the end-pin installed and use a piece of string or chord for the neck position.
I don't like having the pin under the neck. To me, it detracks from the looks of the guitar and is another hole in the guitar that does not have to be there.
YMMV.
Barry.
JackF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 12:50:32 AM »

Thanks Barry, I think from other threads I have seen which included responsesfrom Jean Larrivee , things like set-ups and strap pins do not void the warranty. Ordered my LV-03E today will be a couple of weeks before it comes in - now the anticipation begins to build.

Jack

Jack

Larrivee LV-03E
Framus Texan 12 String '69
Washburn D-28 '93
Aria Classical @'71
DeArmond M65C
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 12:42:45 AM »

Got them put on when we were in Denver for New Years. We both survived the operation  :o They did a great job, but I'm glad it's over with!

I found a nice soft suede strap (also made in Canada, so they should get along just fine)--no more guitar sliding down my lap in church.

Happy fingerpicking!
Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: