The State of the Forum

Started by tuffythepug, December 21, 2011, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 14, 2012, 04:34:56 PM
About 96% actually  :tongue:

Tho I am convinced that we will see a day where the Larrivee electric will be the flagship of The Company, they really are as about as nice an electric you can find. It seems other makers electrics can go one of two places Electric or Other Makers Guitars - I guess it boils down to what is emphasized The Electric or the fact its made by an Other Manufacturer. What do you suggest?

I just started another thread in the electric section, it's about an electric guitar and by another manufacturer. The electric section seemed more appropriate.

Quote from: SouthpawGuy on January 16, 2012, 07:08:01 PM

I just started another thread in the electric section, it's about an electric guitar and by another manufacturer. The electric section seemed more appropriate.

Yes I would tend to agree, but I think it may depend on ones perspective. Someone else might put more emphasis on the Manufacturer rather than Guitar Type. Both are correct and at the end of the day whether this is in Other Makers Board or Electric Board I am not convinced it's readership would alter much.

The only con is consistency may vary as someone next week may pickup a H555 (  :drool: ) or an H157  and they really see it as an Other Maker to be emphasized. Who's right? I donno
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I've been mulling over this electric guitar forum discussion. I think it would be fun to have a place where the regulars here can talk about the things they plug into the things that they plug into and all the stuff that goes in-between the guzintos.

For context: I have more electric guitars than acoustics, and more variety in the makers of those electrics than the acoustics, and I probably play electric a little more than acoustic.

I can go to lots of manufacturer-specific forums. And of course there are even more model-specific forums (I can think of a least a couple dedicated to the Les Paul), but what I don't get at those other places is the personality that this place has. More specifically, I think it could interesting to see more general discussion about electric guitars with some of the other folks around here.

I'm not sure what we'd talk about. And maybe I wouldn't have much to contribute anyway.  I don't care about pickups or neck radii, or the nuances of pickup switching systems.  I've never swapped out a pickup or a bridge or a pot or a resistor. As far as electrics go, I just pick 'em up and play 'em and plug them into the nearest input jack that will fit. If I can hit the strings and a noise comes out somewhere, I'm probably ready to go. It's nicer if things are in tune, but you can always bend the strings or resolve in key on the next note.

I do imagine it would be fun to read what the other folks around here would have to say about their various electric guitars especially the non-Larrivées.  Another electric guitar is just about the last thing on my priority list so even though it's fun to read about the Forum V I don't see one in my future.

I think that Larrivee Guitar Forum > Forum > Main Forums > Other Guitar Makers forum has always felt like an place to discuss acoustic guitars.

If it's okay to use the Larrivee Guitar Forum > Forum > Main Forums > Electric Guitars forum for non-Larrivée electrics then all of this musing is done for me.  But if you anticipate more discussion specifically about Larrivée electrics, then maybe Electric Guitars becomes Larrivee Electrics and we get another forum for Other Electrics.

... wandering off maundering... until the sound of something electrified drowns out the words.

Well, I put my vote in for this forum to stay going strong.  :+1: :+1: :+1:

I don't post much, but I'm not as into the guitar as the majority of folks here are.

But, I DO own a Larrivee' and I DO enjoy dropping in to see what the latest goings on are.

I dropped out of one guitar forum the other day. It was turning more into a Soldier of Fortune forum than having anything to do with the guitar.  :rolleye: