New lower priced RS-2 specs and pics (announced at NAMM)

Started by Mikeymac, January 14, 2011, 03:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ducktrapper on May 16, 2011, 08:10:40 AM
Well, he's gong on five and hasn't really started yet but hey, I had no luck with my kids so I'm hoping it skips a generation.  :laughin:

Gettem young Duck - a great opportunity you present for him  :beer
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on May 16, 2011, 09:37:59 AM
Gettem young Duck - a great opportunity you present for him  :beer

If he shows any promise, he gets my tele.  :nana_guitar

Quote from: WPete on May 15, 2011, 10:46:12 AM
TV Yellow w/ P-90's has shown up on GA website For Sale, let the GAS begin in earnest.  :beer

Wow...the "Add to Cart" price on these is amazing - what a bargain for a quality, USA made guitar! But now I'm trying to decide if I *need* (hah) another one of these with P-90's - or if I *need* the new 'Tele' more...  :whistling:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on May 16, 2011, 12:13:33 PM
Wow...the "Add to Cart" price on these is amazing - what a bargain for a quality, USA made guitar! But now I'm trying to decide if I *need* (hah) another one of these with P-90's - or if I *need* the new 'Tele' more...  :whistling:

I am amazed how Larrivee can make any $ at that margin :?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Available with 2 Humbuckers and without the pickguard ?

Quote from: robertkoa on January 01, 2012, 09:17:31 PM
Available with 2 Humbuckers and without the pickguard ?

The new RS-2 model seems to only be available with P-90's (check the spec page at www.larrivee.com ), but I think you could order one without the pickguard on it, and request that they just put it in the case (since it's not screwed on - it's evidently put on with adhesive backing, like an acoustic guitar guard).

There are a few places that still have some of the first generation RS-2's with humbuckers on them; look around on the net, like at www.GuitarAdoptions.com  (no affiliation).

And Larrivee does some special order stuff as well; they *might* do a new RS-2 Ventura with buckers for you as a special order, but it will likely cost more than the standard model. All you can do is call and ask.

Available still without pickguard and with 2 Humbuckers ?

Quote from: robertkoa on January 09, 2012, 01:34:34 PM
Available still without pickguard and with 2 Humbuckers ?

Only if you find a NOS first generation RS-2. The new generation RS-2's only come with a choice of one or two P-90's. Again, there still should be a few out there...