Bakersfield Factory setups

Started by igrishenko, December 14, 2011, 12:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody have any input on the setups on these things straight from the Larrivee shop? Or Larrivee factory setups in general?

The Bakersfield I played was pretty much gig ready for most players.With a few exceptions Larrivee does a decent job with setups for the general public and the fact that most stores and non store sellers don't do anything but take a pix for there website then either hang it on a hook or put it back in the box.That said setups are a personal thing and after a settling in period also known as getting to know you,you should have it gone over by you favorite tech/luthier and either touched up or redone for your taste.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on December 14, 2011, 08:18:01 AM
The Bakersfield I played was pretty much gig ready for most players.With a few exceptions Larrivee does a decent job with setups for the general public and the fact that most stores and non store sellers don't do anything but take a pix for there website then either hang it on a hook or put it back in the box.That said setups are a personal thing and after a settling in period also known as getting to know you,you should have it gone over by you favorite tech/luthier and either touched up or redone for your taste.

Agreed...there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" set-up.  All newly acquired guitars should be played for a period of time, and then taken to your local luthier/tech for a personalized setup.

My RS-4 was set up very well when I received it; no issues. My RS-2 was set up with good action and intonation, but had some sharp fret ends.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

My Bakersfield was set up well and I suspect that is the way it came from the factory. Frets were in great shape, intonation spot on, no complaints. Fortunately the guitar was set up with my usual string gauge and type D' Addario XL 10-46 so at the present time I'm not planning on making any changes on that end. I did replace the electronics (except for the bridge pickup) and I am very satisfied with the guitar. The electronic replacement  was my choice. There is nothing wrong with the components supplied with the guitar.  I've also been very pleased with the body shape, very comfortable to play and the neck profile is perfect for me. I also like the rosewood veneer fingerboard versus a slab board. Just one all around positive purchase.  rob

My RS-4 was set up great and I played it that way for a year before I went to an ex Larrivee builder for set up.
Plays even better now.
In the New Year I will most likely order a Bakersfield with rosewood fingerboard and do the same thing.
Get friendly with the guitar and then have it set up to how I play it.