Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee Lovers  (Read 58542 times)
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

I just got a pound of Starbucks espresso roast ground and made a latte with half whole milk and half whipping cream.  Man, what a great drink!  The holidays always make me want fresh espresso drinks.  And tonight it'll be brown ale.  Merry Christmas!
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2011, 05:55:28 PM »

Costco has the Sumatra in stock. This is by far our favorite coffee.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »

Bought a sack of old school Eight O'Clock regular roast yesterday.  Just sounded good. And it is!
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »

Bought a sack of old school Eight O'Clock regular roast yesterday.  Just sounded good. And it is!

For six years, I worked 4-12 shift in the area penitentiary, "old school Eight O'Clock" was a good friend to our crew. It was a great value. I probably became a true coffee degenerate sipping that stuff for those years inside those walls. Sometimes, I would get a small giggle at the irony of sipping the house brand coffee of the Great Atlantic and Pacific TEA Company...
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »

"old school Eight O'Clock" is what my mom in law has. I remember thinking that it was a tasty brew, for a pre-ground coffee sitting out on a shelf by the coffee pot.

I keep my beans in the freezer, sealed tight, until I grind a small amount and use filtered water to make an exceptional cup. Some of the friends that frequent my house will gather round that pot till it's done to get their first cup. I know it has a deeper richer flavor by doing those things.
     But it's like a laminate versus solid body guitar, one may be hard to tell from the other based on tone alone.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »

I believe that originally the Eight O'Clock brand was only available at A&P supermarket until they went belly up. I could be wrong though, it might have been a regional thing.

Roger

GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »

I believe that originally the Eight O'Clock brand was only available at A&P supermarket until they went belly up. I could be wrong though, it might have been a regional thing.

Yup, it was the house brand.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 12:20:14 AM »

I think that is where I got hooked on coffee. I just had a "way back" memory of that huge red coffee grinder at A&P. And the smell was just fantastic, though I had never drank any coffee yet.
    I also remember the 5 cent coke machine at A&P and thought it was wrong when they raised the price to 6 cents.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »

Dan, our town used to have an A&P and it had that giant red coffee grinder as well! I never saw 5 cent Cokes, but the town Electric Maintainence  building was on my way to and from middle school and the worker dudes used to let me and my buddy get 10 cent Coke bottles from their machine on the way home from school.
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »

Immensely enjoying my Eight O'Clock brew this morning.  Especially after a pipeful of English Toffee blend 'backer.

boat

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »

Bought a sack of old school Eight O'Clock regular roast yesterday.  Just sounded good. And it is!
Somebody gave me some Eight O'Clock -- I'll buy more when it's gone...

L03R(e)
Taylor 314CE
Taylor 312CE
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »

I'm on my second pot of Eight O'Clock today.  A wonderful cup of basic coffee.

By the way, I like what Dan said about the difference between laminate guitars and solid ones applied to the idea of coffee.  They both have their place.  I have a laminate guitar that I sometimes prefer over my Larrivee.  But there are times when only the Larrivee will do: most times, actually.  But I look at coffees like Eight O'Clock and Community as my Larrivee D-03BW.  It's a very nice instrument that will serve one well for the entirety of life.  The super coffees (home-roasted, high-end, etc.) would be like an Olson, Charis, or Huss and Dalton, and even some Larrivees.  They are above the rest but don't get used everyday by most folks.  Laminate guitars would be coffees like Folgers, Max House, et al.  But some folks even love that stuff dearly.  There's enough coffee and guitars to go around for all, thank goodness. 
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »

Just picked up a pound of the Starbucks Christmas Blend.  I'll be grinding and brewing some for tomorrow morning.  I guess this has been the Starbucks Christmas Blend for 25 years now.
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2011, 12:50:27 AM »

I finally got around to roasting some green beans.  After 3 days of de-gassing the beans are really good.  The Starbucks Christmas blend was decent but definitely not fresh.

I've been using the new (to me) Aeropress to make the coffee.  It's a really cool all made in USA way of making espresso-like condensed coffee.  Add water or steamed milk (or frothy milk) to suit your tastebuds.  A smoooother cup of coffee I haven't had.

Play it daily for best results.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2011, 02:11:19 AM »

I'm on my second pot of Eight O'Clock today.  A wonderful cup of basic coffee.

By the way, I like what Dan said about the difference between laminate guitars and solid ones applied to the idea of coffee.  They both have their place.  I have a laminate guitar that I sometimes prefer over my Larrivee.  But there are times when only the Larrivee will do: most times, actually.  But I look at coffees like Eight O'Clock and Community as my Larrivee D-03BW.  It's a very nice instrument that will serve one well for the entirety of life.  The super coffees (home-roasted, high-end, etc.) would be like an Olson, Charis, or Huss and Dalton, and even some Larrivees.  They are above the rest but don't get used everyday by most folks.  Laminate guitars would be coffees like Folgers, Max House, et al.  But some folks even love that stuff dearly.  There's enough coffee and guitars to go around for all, thank goodness. 

Now I got all confused, I plugged my coffee pot into my amp and put my guitar in the coffee grinder.  What a mess.....

Roger

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »

Now I got all confused, I plugged my coffee pot into my amp and put my guitar in the coffee grinder.  What a mess.....
 Roger you may have had too many cups of Java  

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »

Roger you may have had too many cups of Java  

Does such a number exist???
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »

Eight O'Clock Columbian is now in rotation at our household.  Very tasty, just dark enough roast, etc.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2012, 07:28:24 PM »

Eight O'Clock Columbian is now in rotation at our household.  Very tasty, just dark enough roast, etc.

-Scott
Good stuff. Drank a lot of it last year.
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »

MMMMMMM, Yummy and the second full press of the morning is steeping:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: