Coffee Lovers

Started by Strings4Him, November 25, 2011, 05:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: unclrob on December 02, 2011, 09:31:12 PM
....Oh ya I'm a wuss black with 1 teasoon of brown sugar.

I haven't sweetened coffee since I was a youngster, but I might give that a try.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Don't use a heaping teaspoon as brown sugar is sweeter then bleached white sugar.A level teaspoon with a small hump does the trick.As a matter of fact I'm drinking or was drinking a cup but now its empty :crying: BUTTTTTTTT I have more time for a refill. :nanadance :nanadance :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :nanadance.Even better there's cold pizza in the kitchen time for my morning veggie's :wave.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Few combinations in life rival that of a cigarette and a cup of coffee.  I haven't smoked in eleven years and sometimes still remember the sensation of morning coffee and a morning smoke.  Pipe smoking and a coffee comes close. 

Started out with a heat gun and stainless steel bowl, cast iron skillet on the stove top during bad weather.  These days I have a Behmor and it's as easy as making toast. 

Home roasting isn't for everyone but if you really love coffee, you gotta give it a shot.

Quote from: k4df4l on December 03, 2011, 12:21:41 PM
Started out with a heat gun and stainless steel bowl, cast iron skillet on the stove top during bad weather.  These days I have a Behmor and it's as easy as making toast. 

Home roasting isn't for everyone but if you really love coffee, you gotta give it a shot.
Well after this post, I gotta try roasting now. We use Ruta Maya Coffee roasted here in Austin for about 20 years now. We grind our own beans and definitely I taste the difference from pre-ground.

I've bought three Bodum travel presses recently and tried them for coffee, but prefer my brewer better. But I really enjoy making REALLY strong Chai in the Bodum and letting the tea stay in the bottom while I enjoy the drink. Then at the end I manipulate the screen and allow the few ounces of trapped Chai to flow around the screen. WOW! So much flavor your tongue gets a buzz :ph34r:

Quote from: the creature on December 03, 2011, 09:59:05 AM
  Pipe smoking and a coffee comes close. 

Sounds like a coffee bong.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Just came back from shopping and bought a big bag of 8 O clock coffee, French roast whole bean. I got it from the recommendations in this thread. Hope it's good.

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2011, 05:03:22 PM
  Just came back from shopping and bought a big bag of 8 O clock coffee, French roast whole bean. I got it from the recommendations in this thread. Hope it's good.
Grind some up and let us know what you think.
Roger

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 03, 2011, 05:14:47 PM
Grind some up and let us know what you think.
Yup, in the morning. It's cause I trust you Roger, that I got this.

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2011, 05:33:14 PM
Yup, in the morning. It's cause I trust you Roger, that I got this.

Oh no!  :ohmy:   please don't hit the ignore button if you are not satisfied. Just PM me and I'll give you my shipping address, you can put it in the OM21 case and send it to me (I'll pay for the coffee).  :roll
Roger

Quote from: broKen on December 03, 2011, 12:43:18 AM

I haven't sweetened coffee since I was a youngster, but I might give that a try.

Ooops! I lied, on some occasions I put a large scoop of vanilla ice cream in a mug of coffee. puddygood!
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Just ground and brewed some Trader Joe's Italian Roast--good to the last drop!

Does anyone use the Keurig coffee maker?  Looks a lot more expensive than grinding and brewing yourself.

Quote from: Strings4Him on December 04, 2011, 04:43:32 AM

Does anyone use the Keurig coffee maker?  Looks a lot more expensive than grinding and brewing yourself.

Trader Joe's is my dealer. They got me hooked on the Bali Blue Moon and the Maragogype as my regular brews, but they have such a great selection, at comparatively good pricing, that ya just never know what errant can or two will end up in the cart!

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 03, 2011, 06:19:34 PM
Oh no!  :ohmy:   please don't hit the ignore button if you are not satisfied. Just PM me and I'll give you my shipping address, you can put it in the OM21 case and send it to me (I'll pay for the coffee).  :roll
Well I liked the 8 O clock French roast and so did my wife.  So I guess I'll keep the java and the OM-21 :guitar :coffee

I might try some Eight O'Clock French Roast in my press over the holidays.  I get a lot of days off that time of year and like to experiment with cooking and things during the holiday. I think this year I'll add some different coffees to the festivities. I haven't made a pot from my press in a couple years.  I always like it with real whipping cream when the coffee's made extra strong.  Starbucks has a blend called Komodo Dragon that makes a great press pot of coffee.

Quote from: Strings4Him on December 04, 2011, 04:43:32 AM

I love the Keurig idea, but you just get screwed on the Kcup rations.  I can't make myself do it

Ahhh....content!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: ryler on December 05, 2011, 04:17:36 PM
I love the Keurig idea, but you just get screwed on the Kcup rations.  I can't make myself do it

That's why people use these:  http://www.amazon.com/ekobrew-Refillable-Keurig-Brewers-1-Count/dp/B0051SU0OW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323454890&sr=8-2
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2011, 02:35:04 PM
  Well after this post, I gotta try roasting now. We use Ruta Maya Coffee roasted here in Austin for about 20 years now. We grind our own beans and definitely I taste the difference from pre-ground.

I've bought three Bodum travel presses recently and tried them for coffee, but prefer my brewer better. But I really enjoy making REALLY strong Chai in the Bodum and letting the tea stay in the bottom while I enjoy the drink. Then at the end I manipulate the screen and allow the few ounces of trapped Chai to flow around the screen. WOW! So much flavor your tongue gets a buzz :ph34r:

We get all of our coffee from the Austin Roasting Co.
Grind our own, but haven't yet tried roasting our own.

"Time flies like an arrow..Fruit flies like a banana"
Townes Van Zandt

I just made my first cup of "Safeway Select" KONA. It is really a great tasting brew, but expensive unless you catch it on sale. Very smooth and no taste of acid.