Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield truss rod wrench?  (Read 606 times)
parkboy

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:48 PM »

FYI Bakersfield owners.  You probably already know that your guitar did not come with a truss rod wrench.  Here is some information on that subject from the source.  Mine did not need adjustment as the neck was very straight when I received it                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Currently we do not have a truss rod wrench that comes with the Bakersfield.  We are hoping to produce one in the near future.  In the meantime if you need to adjust the truss rod the size would be 5/32nds but the length on the truss rod tool itself needs to be at least 10”-12” long.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

-Mike Kitchen

Jean Larrivée Guitars USA

parkboy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:34:31 PM »

Additional information regarding Bakersfield truss rod wrench.  4mm is the same as 5/32" and Stew-Mac has a nice long 4mm ball-end hex (allen type) wrench that will work perfectly for this application.  The Stew-Mac stock number is 6113.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »

Have you tried it yet, there is a difference between 4mm and 5/32" even though it is a small one. The ball end may allow it to fit.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
parkboy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »

Yes, I have tried the 4mm ball-end wrench that I have.  It seems to fit fine.  The wrench used should be fairly long, my Facom is 5 inches long with a padded L shaped end.  I don't think you would want to use a wrench that was any shorter as the strings would interfere with the use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: