Bakersfield - Interested but sittin' on the fence

Started by robwms, October 11, 2011, 11:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been salivating over the concept of the Larivee Bakersfield since it was first announced. However, I've been reluctant to pull the trigger and sign up for one until more people actually get their hands on one and post their reviews. It seems like they have been trickling out into circulation and hands-on reviews are scarce.

You forum memebers who actually have one - is the Bakersfield the best T style guitar on the market? What makes you think so? I'm sure there are a few others out here waiting and wondering! How 'bout sharing your impressions??
Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)

I don't own one but have played one.I'm a tele junkie,as far as I'm concerned there is no reason to own anything else in a solid body guitar.If I had the money and I was presented with getting a custom shop Fender or the Larrivee hands dow it would be the Larrivee.I have owned a bunch of Fenders both vintage and new when it came down to it I assembled my own for my needs.The only thing that would beat out a Larrivee for me is an original 56 Fender as I love the neck feel or a 61 Fender also for the neck feel.Other then that give me a Larrivee :wink: :wink: nod,nod,hint,hint,too the gang at Larrivee.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Thanks for the reply Unc.

Do you remember what pickups were on the one you played?
Rob

Larrivee D-05

Quote from: robwms on October 11, 2011, 11:08:58 PM
You forum memebers who actually have one - is the Bakersfield the best T style guitar on the market? What makes you think so? I'm sure there are a few others out here waiting and wondering! How 'bout sharing your impressions??

Yes it is. Tho I will qualify myself I am not a Tele Guy (tho I have a '52 Reissue to compare it to daily) I always favoured Gibson Style over Fender Style. Having said this the Bakersfield to two other persons who really studied my guitar preferred everything about the guitar over my '52 Reissue except the name on the Headstock. These guys are both very Tele versed very good players but have difficulty with headstock - see Larrivee as an acoustic guitar company.

Friend if you like Tele Style Guitars - and the name on the Headstock is not high on your list of importance you will luv the tone, feel, dependability and look of the Bakersfield.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

It had the Bakerfields pu in the bridge and I'm not sure what modal Duncan in the neck but it looked like a standard Tele style.I was able to pull all sorts of harmonics anywhere I wanted on the neck and the bridge pu had a 50's style pop to it that made me fall in love the 56 Fender.All in all I was really very impressed with the pu's and I am not a fan of Duncan pu's in any other form.When it come's to pu's my preference is for original vintage,Lindy Fralin's and older ceramic EMG's.the latter two are in my 2 working tele style's which I assembled and I build really good tele's and would again say  :whistling:hint,hint,hint :wink: :wink: LOve to have a Larrivee Bakersfield.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I am loving the Bakerfield!!! Hands down the Bakersfield kills Fender...even the custom shops and high end Fenders. The radius on the fret board is a big plus for me as well as a lot of our customers here. BTW I'm a Fender dealer as well not just trying to push the Larrivee stuff!!! I'm a Tele fanantic myself and the Bakersfields have blown me away! It's actually the first guitar that I have purchased for myself in a long time!! If that makes any difference to anyone!!!
www.southernguitars.net
Authorized Larrivee dealer

Quote from: Southern Guitars on October 27, 2011, 04:08:35 PM
I am loving the Bakerfield!!! Hands down the Bakersfield kills Fender...even the custom shops and high end Fenders. The radius on the fret board is a big plus for me as well as a lot of our customers here. BTW I'm a Fender dealer as well not just trying to push the Larrivee stuff!!! I'm a Tele fanantic myself and the Bakersfields have blown me away! It's actually the first guitar that I have purchased for myself in a long time!! If that makes any difference to anyone!!!

That's an important endorsement! Which one did you buy for yourself (color; pickups)?

I ordered a left-handed tobacco burst one (like the one pictured on your website - gorgeous!); it's being held up while Larrivee waits for Seymour Duncan to produce left-handed parts for the "guts". I'm getting antsy to get mine - your shining review doesn't help any!  :arrow
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I'm still sittin' on the fence..... :?

On the one hand we have Southern Guitars buying one for himself. Since he's a guitar dealer with access to the best, that speaks a ton about the quality of the Bakersfield.

But then on the other hand we have Cynic who apparently got a lemon and says buy a Fender or a Hamer.

I hope more "early adapters" get their orders filled soon and post their reviews. This fence is mighty uncomfortable! :crying:
Rob

Larrivee D-05