Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bakersfield question about the body  (Read 1352 times)
larsonjeffp

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:11 AM »

I have a question about the Bakersfield bodies. Does everyone how has a Bakersfield, is the body that you have a one piece body? Just curious, as I look at pictures of other Bakersfields, they all look like one piece bodies. Mine that you can see in the picture is clearly two pieces glued together. I know it is mostly a cosmetic issue, but it seems like they would have used this more in a painted body. Please give me your opinions on this please. I LOVE the guitar, but this just sorta nags at me.

Larrivee OO-03MT
National Delphi
Ashbury AT-24 Tenor
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

Mine is also a two piece, but it doesn't bother me. I can't tell from the pic you posted, but it *looks* like it's most noticeable on the edge on yours; mine has a dark burst on the edge, so you don't see it on the edge.

You have to look closely at the front on mine to find the joint; it's slightly more visible on the back, but quite frankly, I've never really thought about it since first getting the guitar. I suspect at Fender you'd have to pay around $3,500 for one of their custom shop Tele's to get a one piece body...

Here are pics of mine:

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
larsonjeffp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »

OK thanks for the response and the pictures. I wasnt really sure so I'd thought I'd see what everyone else's was like too. And yeah it's mostly just on the bottom edge of the guitar that you can tell, they Actually lined it up great near the neck, so the line falls right on the edge of the neck. I wrote Larrivee and they replied "It is extremely hard to find one piece swamp ash large enough for an electric body.  Although we have been able to obtain a very small amount, most Larrivee Bakersfield's are two pieces.  We hope to be able to find a supplier in the near future that can supply us with boards large enough for one piece bodies but unfortunately for now we have to make them out of two pieces." So your response and theirs makes me feel better 
I really love the guitar so it's not going anywhere anyway  bigrin

Larrivee OO-03MT
National Delphi
Ashbury AT-24 Tenor
larsonjeffp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »

Here is the only front picture of it that I have with me at work.

Larrivee OO-03MT
National Delphi
Ashbury AT-24 Tenor
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »

I suspect at Fender you'd have to pay around $3,500 for one of their custom shop Tele's to get a one piece body...

Don't think I have seen a one piece Tele, Custom Shop or otherwise

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:07:26 PM »

Don't think I have seen a one piece Tele, Custom Shop or otherwise
I believe that thry are all 2 piece from Larrivee
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

Here is the only front picture of it that I have with me at work.

Nice family!  +1

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: